Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Price Change, Delivery Delay, and Tesla Called me to Ask Why I Didn"t Order the P

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure why you'd need a heated steering wheel if the interior of the car is already heated... I guess you can always choose not to preheat the car before you get in it, if you're a masochist. :eek:

just a day or two ago in hot southern US, we had a cold front come through and take us down from mid 90s to mid 70s and 2 days straight of rain. My car got damp inside and I was trying to dry it out by running AC but I was also wearing short sleeves and no gloves so the AC felt cold. I turned on my heated steering wheel and drove down the road happy. No need for the heated seat as my back was already warm and not in the air flow of the AC.

Doing without something it's easy to say "why would you use that", having it there easy to use you'll find a dozen scenarios where it is better than not having it. Most of them involve temps below 50F outside but not all of them.

• Disagree
Reactions: Troy and jgs
OK, unlike the others above I sort of get this. Sorta. But you're in Calgary. It's not like it gets that cold, at least for all that long (yes, I lived there nearly 2 decades). Time to suck it up, buttercup!

Auclair Moccasin Deerskin Mitts - Women's

;)
I get that... last winter was really cold - didn't let up for 4-5 months solid at -20C or worse. I am in/out of the car all day and I'm petty sure I have that condition where my fingers turn white when it's cold (even on colder days) and they actually hurt. I even have heated gloves but they are really goofy and awkward. Every other feature I can do with or without but this one is a must for me... :(. I'm desperately looking for some article on the web saying that it's already there just needs software update like heated rear seats.

Reactions: jbcarioca
Not sure why you'd need a heated steering wheel if the interior of the car is already heated... I guess you can always choose not to preheat the car before you get in it, if you're a masochist. :eek:
Part of the back story is that with my P85D order I missed the heated steering wheel feature by a week when ordering... and I spent 2 years with that car struggling to keep my fingers warm 8 months of the year even with preconditioning the car. Now with my X I am in LOVE with the heated wheel especially that it stays on between trips (remembers your setting is what I mean). It's just really important to me and I hate to be one of those, "For a $100,000 car I expect 'bla bla bla'" but come on! $100k and no heated steering wheel? What's next, no blind spot alerts on the side mirrors? ;)