Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Stealth

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s because they just added it as an option in the beginning of June. So there is a lot of people that ordered without it beforehand.

I ordered performance stealth on 1/29/20 and didn't learn about the possibility of induction wheels until June. I updated my order on 6/16. I had been in "drafting contract" state since 3/11, and I received the 2-4 week and 1-2 week texts. Nothing since I changed the order. My only time constraint is 7/8 when my (soon to be former) Model 3's registration is due. Looks like I'm going to have to pay that $563.

I ordered performance stealth on 1/29/20 and didn't learn about the possibility of induction wheels until June. I updated my order on 6/16. I had been in "drafting contract" state since 3/11, and I received the 2-4 week and 1-2 week texts. Nothing since I changed the order. My only time constraint is 7/8 when my (soon to be former) Model 3's registration is due. Looks like I'm going to have to pay that $563.
Interesting... I’ve been debating 19” Gemini’s vs 20” Induction’s until I finally decided to do 19” last night and finally placed the order for a slightly different configuration than yours: white on white, stealth performance, 19” wheels and tow bar. I was immediately assigned a VIN last night and then got the call this morning to ask if I could take delivery this weekend in Fremont. Went and grabbed it this afternoon! (No significant defects, by the way so if it was rejected by somebody I don’t know why.)

Don’t know if it’s useful but I placed my order last night for a P-non PuP with a hitch and 20’s yesterday.

I see many non PuP Ys around here so I’m hopeful it will be quick-ish. I was asked to submit insurance and all of that today, but I’m assuming that is pretty standard timing.

Now I’m both happy and sad to part with my 3. :)

Don’t know if it’s useful but I placed my order last night for a P-non PuP with a hitch and 20’s yesterday.

I see many non PuP Ys around here so I’m hopeful it will be quick-ish. I was asked to submit insurance and all of that today, but I’m assuming that is pretty standard timing.

Now I’m both happy and sad to part with my 3. :)
Well, I've been waiting for my Stealth with 20" and tow since March ... So ... :)

There's a form on the DMV that'll allow you to file a claim to get a refund on the unused portion. That's what I did for my old car. My registration was due 4/1, sold my car on mid-June, then submitted a claim to DMV to get a pro-rated amount back for the remaining 9-10 months.

• Informative
Reactions: endizguyz
There's a form on the DMV that'll allow you to file a claim to get a refund on the unused portion. That's what I did for my old car. My registration was due 4/1, sold my car on mid-June, then submitted a claim to DMV to get a pro-rated amount back for the remaining 9-10 months.

I don’t see where you can do that. From the California DMV site:
The following circumstances may qualify you for a refund of fees paid:
  • The renewal fees were paid after the vehicle was sold.
  • The vehicle left California before the first day of the new registration period.
  • Etc....
Also:
If Renewal Fees Were Paid
Before the vehicle was sold or transferred to another owner
Advise the Applicant
• A refund is not due because the fees were not collected in error.
• The vehicle was sold/transferred as a currently registered vehicle.

• Helpful
Reactions: frankvb