Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

performance upgrade $$$$$ 1 sec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If there are fantastic new batteries, it would be unique to have option of trade-in exchange of old batteries to new ones. Old ones can be used at SR+. But I doubt that will happen.

Also, motors would need much more cooling. A good chance that this would require change of the pump (to have higher flow), coolant fittings (to sustain higher line pressure), compressor (to move the heat faster between to the radiator), radiator (to have more airflow at the same exhaust temperature).

Btw, always switch off A/C on the track - it hijacks a lot of capacity for cooling. I noticed last year that track mode doesn't switch off A/C by itself.

At the same time, it's possible that M3P is not limited by battery power as much, but by battery voltage. If so - that would either require higher cell count (and then whole HV system might need a change) or different motor windings (and so different drive unit).

But, you can see by SMT, that internal resistance seriously drops voltage under load, so to the extent it can be remedied with lower internal resistance battery pack - supercapacitors buffer or just radically lower resistance chemistry.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Model PYD has a little more power and torque than the P3D, yes I realize it has a little extra capacity as well. I hope they give that boost to P3D owners soon. Seems doable.

getting the P3D to 2.9 0-60mph(w/rollout) would amazing but could the batteries take it? Maybe it could be reserved for a “disclaimer enabled mode”?

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Model PYD has a little more power and torque than the P3D, yes I realize it has a little extra capacity as well. I hope they give that boost to P3D owners soon. Seems doable.

getting the P3D to 2.9 0-60mph(w/rollout) would amazing but could the batteries take it? Maybe it could be reserved for a “disclaimer enabled mode”?

Thought the power variations between the 3 and Y were debunked

Speculation here....I’m thinking that if it ever becomes an option, it’ll be after the plaid Model S/X is released to keep enough separation between the two. Sub 3 Model 3 and a sub 2 Model S.

I’m laughing as I’m typing this because these performance numbers are so crazy!

Will see ...
Nobody know the reel thing
But I want to be optimist:)

I saw the above video where he data-logged from both cars.

was this video debunked?

Here's a screenshot of peak hp from the logs. 628.25 hp ... Model 3 performance.

Screenshot_20200418-200805.png