Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

performance upgrade $$$$$ 1 sec

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heh...watched the video-

Shows the hacked AWD beating the P over and over in races.

Then shows the hacked AWD not putting down a single draggy 0-60 as quick as a P... (I think he showed one 3.27 as his best, most were in the 3.4x-3.5x range)

(he also only did 0-60 runs in the modded AWD car- despite having earlier down both 0-60 and 1/4 mile runs in the stock AWD one)

Sweet. If the upgrade can offer me even more performance than what TESLA currently offers the P3D then I'd consider this a viable option to make my car even faster. Only catch would be that you have to stop updating firmware (or staying several versions behind) so you don't brick the aftermarket upgrade (very similar to Jailbreaking your iPhone).

I'M SURPRISED NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THE DUAL EXHAUST UPGRADE!!! Now that's something I'd like to find out more about ;)

Exh2.JPG

Sweet. If the upgrade can offer me even more performance than what TESLA currently offers the P3D then I'd consider this a viable option to make my car even faster. Only catch would be that you have to stop updating firmware (or staying several versions behind) so you don't brick the aftermarket upgrade (very similar to Jailbreaking your iPhone).

I'M SURPRISED NO ONE IS TALKING ABOUT THE DUAL EXHAUST UPGRADE!!! Now that's something I'd like to find out more about ;)

View attachment 550182

Here you go

well- similar to a jailbreak if you had to physically take your phone to another city each time you wanted to update it :)

Imitating ICE engine sound is pathetic and useless. But I'd like to hear how motors actually work sometimes.

Make a kit that has microphone installed on a rear drive unit (+front unit for additional price).
Add an adapter that connects in parallel to stock speakers (more channels for higher price).
Develop an app with a library of tunable and preset DSP effects to improve the sound, adjust volume and balance across speakers with ability to make multiple presets.
Make optional battery powered zigbee radio button to do quick switch between predefined sound presets (including no sound).
Sell at $300 starting price up to $900 for a whole kit.

I would buy that.
I assume that a lot of people would buy as well.

Somebody with time and experience should crowdfund that stuff... Tesla should start doing it from the factory on performance versions later.

Reactions: flyingowl

Check the OPs original thread.

Car is from January 2019.

It's a lot cheaper for Tesla to use a "cheap" 3 chassis to test various things than an S or X one- no matter what vehicle the thing they're testing is intended for.

That, or EGs stage 3 thing is hacking a P100D drivetrain into a 3 I guess, which would be a super cool frankencar, but not relevant to 99.99% of non-salvage-title owners

So...swing and a miss there :)

Oh- third theory provided by someone else (though it ties into the first one I posted above)

I wouldn't be surprised if Zeus M3 isn't actually in physical posession of the 100 kWh pack. His Twitter history is rather thin, but on May 14, 2020 he tweeted about buying a scrap MCU: https://twitter.com/zeus7f1/status/1260876636502790144

My understanding is that some of the scrapped Tesla parts people sell on eBay literally come from dumpster divers outside of Fremont.

So it's possible this configuration screen belongs to an MCU that once came from a test mule that later was scraped.

Last edited:
Check the OPs original thread.

Car is from January 2019.

It's a lot cheaper for Tesla to use a "cheap" 3 chassis to test various things than an S or X one- no matter what vehicle the thing they're testing is intended for.

That, or EGs stage 3 thing is hacking a P100D drivetrain into a 3 I guess, which would be a super cool frankencar, but not relevant to 99.99% of non-salvage-title owners

So...swing and a miss there :)

Oh- third theory provided by someone else (though it ties into the first one I posted above)

so you don’t think is reel or possible that or 75 pack is a 100 pack in fact !Not in size but in power (2020 model perfo) ... will see :rolleyes: