Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Upgrade package now for free!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yep, you got it right people. The Performance Model 3 now includes the performance upgrade package. That’s a package that they previously charged 5000$ for and included the better wheels/brakes/spoiler/lowered stance.

I am actually kinda pissed right now to say the least. I just took delivery of mine 2 weeks ago and paid an extra 5K for that myself! Guess I am screwed now on that amount.

• Funny
Reactions: ACPark and P85_DA
Yep, you got it right people. The Performance Model 3 now includes the performance upgrade package. That’s a package that they previously charged 5000$ for and included the better wheels/brakes/spoiler/lowered stance.

I am actually kinda pissed right now to say the least. I just took delivery of mine 2 weeks ago and paid an extra 5K for that myself! Guess I am screwed now on that amount.
Welcome to iTesla

They want to keep selling these, and I'll bet most buyers are looking for the better value that LR gives. This makes the delta between AWD and P a bit more palatable. Only 2 months left in the year, so Tesla needs to keep people ordering esp high trim versions, as those who order now are already risking the full tax credit. P cars probably will still be delivered by the end of the year though, if ordered soon.

Screen Shot 2018-10-26 at 10.21.54 PM.png

Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq

I picked up my model 3 on Sunday, Oct 14, 2018, in Rocklin, CA. Less than two weeks ago. When did they start doing the performance package for free?

I picked up my Model 3 just four days after the on-line order. I was expecting it to take a couple of months.

How can I tell if I have the Performance Package? What I ordered was the Blue, AWD, 310 mile range. I did NOT ask for any of the performance options but my acceleration is ridiculously fast as is. I certainly don't need it to be any faster.

-Don- Auburn, CA

Looking forward to my $5k refund. No way I’ll ever use that much $ with supercharging.

I did some math based on the Tesla SC tool that shows $100 SC cost for 1500 mile trip.
$5000 would pay for 75000 miles of supercharging.

I would only us the SC for long out-of-town trips (like 1000 mile round-trips). (I can get free charging at work.)
I think I’ll take the refund also.