Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up my Performance 3. It does look nice in the black with white. I’m happy. It drives so well. I really think this car rides softer than our LR AWD with Aero wheels.

Congrats. You got the tuxedo look like me. :)

I try to tell folks the same thing. I have an SR+ with 18" aeros and a M3P+ with the 20"s. I can't tell a difference as it relates to softness of the ride. Maybe the cushy seats take care of it. ;)

Congrats. You got the tuxedo look like me. :)

I try to tell folks the same thing. I have an SR+ with 18" aeros and a M3P+ with the 20"s. I can't tell a difference as it relates to softness of the ride. Maybe the cushy seats take care of it. ;)
Yeah I’ve always thought the aero wheels rode harsher than the 19” or 20”. I think it’s the super low rolling resistance MXM4s that contribute to the harshness. Either that or the P3D+ has softer springs and dampers to compensate for larger wheels and smaller sidewalls.

So I think I get to pick mine up tomorrow. Over the course of yesterday Tesla shipped my car from one DC to another and then back to the first DC. The good news it was trailered so its still at 5 miles. I had set an appointment for Tuesday afternoon to get it as it was earliest shown but I'm told by my Sales guy that I can get it tomorrow afternoon. I hope it pans out well.

hey guys

looking to order a Model 3 Performance grey on white. I'm in the process of transferring my current lease and am wondering if I should just order now since it looks like the average wait is about 2-3 weeks or wait till my current (BMW M3) is transferred completely.

hey guys

looking to order a Model 3 Performance grey on white. I'm in the process of transferring my current lease and am wondering if I should just order now since it looks like the average wait is about 2-3 weeks or wait till my current (BMW M3) is transferred completely.
I would. I see your in Miami so I would assume you'll be waiting a similar time period as myself here in S.FL.

Order: 7/25
Delivery: 8/14

hey guys

That what I was thinking but I ordered this past Wednesday and just got the final confirmation for pickup tomorrow afternoon. You may get lucky if they just made some in that spec.

Well it didnt go well today. Long story short I rejected the car. Overall the panel gaps and paint looked ok but the rear window was shifted over to the drivers side with a big gap on the passenger side and a little gap on the drivers side. I told the scales guy who ran the car to the service tech and i was told that while they agreed that it was shifted it wasn't actually touching the other side so it was in tolerance. He said he would make a note of the gaps so I could bring it up with someone else later if i wanted to. I told them i needed it on the due bill or I was going to pass on the car.. He went to the back again and came back with that a wait might be a month and theres no guarantee that the next one is any better. I had someone with me and we checked all the other Model 3s there and all of them looked fine except mine and one other. The floor unit and testers were all great.

So Im back in line.

• Informative
Reactions: Nrazar
Well it didnt go well today. Long story short I rejected the car. Overall the panel gaps and paint looked ok but the rear window was shifted over to the drivers side with a big gap on the passenger side and a little gap on the drivers side. I told the scales guy who ran the car to the service tech and i was told that while they agreed that it was shifted it wasn't actually touching the other side so it was in tolerance. He said he would make a note of the gaps so I could bring it up with someone else later if i wanted to. I told them i needed it on the due bill or I was going to pass on the car.. He went to the back again and came back with that a wait might be a month and theres no guarantee that the next one is any better. I had someone with me and we checked all the other Model 3s there and all of them looked fine except mine and one other. The floor unit and testers were all great.

So Im back in line.
Damn, you should go to Fremont they literally had tons of cars to match me with but I had gotten over the white interior and was looking at the Stealth performance models by then. Performance is built in small runs.

After you test drive it, there is no way going back. Heck I have Mid-Range but Performance is a different level car.
I test drove a performance and then waited 6 months...it was brutal.

Cant believe I am back here, But I just ordered a white on white P on friday after selling my low vin first production model 3. The wait said 2 weeks when I ordered. We shall see how long it takes...
That's what I got and it has the longest wait from what I've seen.