Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
White on White seems to be the problem, I was told I could have black or grey sooner but I'm holding out for what I ordered.

If they would give me a black with white, gray with white or other color with white interior (besides blue), for the same price as a white on white, I’d personally take it. The people I’ve talked to have not had any idea when the car was being built.

If they would give me a black with white, gray with white or other color with white interior (besides blue), for the same price as a white on white, I’d personally take it. The people I’ve talked to have not had any idea when the car was being built.

None of them do, the reps are not privy to that information. They just give reasonable estimated guesses. White interiors are up to 100 day waits.

None of them do, the reps are not privy to that information. They just give reasonable estimated guesses. White interiors are up to 100 day waits.
Our other 3 is white on white and had a 2 week delivery period. Where have you heard up to 100 days?? Unless something has drastically changed in the last 45 days with availability, I can’t see how it would have gotten so insanely pushed out. When I called today and inquired, the sales center acted like it was extremely odd I hadn’t been matched to a car yet. I told him I was possibly willing to look at other colors as long as they were not blue. I already have a blue Range Rover. The only performance in inventory is in Charlotte and is black on white with FSD, so identical to my order except it’s black. I think black looks good but I’m not sure if I want to deal with the constant cleaning. On another note, we had homelink installed on our LR3D today and they broke the parking sensors, AUTOSTEER, summon and blind spot detection. Back to service center in the morning it is!

Last edited:
Our other 3 is white on white and had a 2 week delivery period. Where have you heard up to 100 days?? Unless something has drastically changed in the last 45 days with availability, I can’t see how it would have gotten so insanely pushed out. When I called today and inquired, the sales center acted like it was extremely odd I hadn’t been matched to a car yet. I told him I was possibly willing to look at other colors as long as they were not blue. I already have a blue Range Rover. The only performance in inventory is in Charlotte and is black on white with FSD, so identical to my order except it’s black. I think black looks good but I’m not sure if I want to deal with the constant cleaning. On another note, we had homelink installed on our LR3D today and they broke the parking sensors, AUTOSTEER, summon and blind spot detection. Back to service center in the morning it is!

Read around these forums, you will find several people who in 2019 have within spitting distance of 100 days for a white interior depending on configuration.

I ordered W/W on 7/27 ... like others, no VIN... called customer service late last week and was told it's slated to come off the line in Freemont on 8/16, and be on a truck on 8/17 for delivery to Indy some time after that (could be a week, could be a month). My advisor said yesterday morning he's going to work on matching me up to another car, but then he went quiet and is out-of-office (again) until tomorrow...

What number did you reach customer service on? I've tried to call their customer service and I'm never able to talk to an actual Tesla customer service rep. I always get routed to a local dealership which is almost useless anyway because they NEVER answer the phone(s).

Ordered from store 21/7/19, United Kingdom, no VIN yet

Full Performance, Blue, White interior, FSDC

I've seen references to 'check the source' to see more detail. How do you do that?
I’ve heard varying things about the view source trick. On a PC hit CTRL + U and it will open a page showing HTML code. You can then search for vin by entering 5YJ in the search field. If you see a 17 character vin you have one assigned. If you don’t see 5YJ you don’t have one... at least that’s the story. I saw months ago people saying that trick didn’t work unless the vin was already showing online, so it is sort of pointless.

I have a Black on White M3P and a White on Black SR+. I find them to be the same when it comes to keeping them clean. I think the only color that will buy you more time between cleanings is the Midnight Silver.

I cannot believe that. Any black car shows dirt way quicker than a white car. It's true that they may be equally dirty, but the white will hide it better.

I thought of the same until I compared my black MR with friends’ White M3P.

The way I look at it is - Black shows more dust but less or road stuff like bugs and dirt especially in rain around bumpers.

Whereas white shows less dust but more noticeable are dead bugs in front as well as all the dirt that hits sides and around bumpers.

What number did you reach customer service on? I've tried to call their customer service and I'm never able to talk to an actual Tesla customer service rep. I always get routed to a local dealership which is almost useless anyway because they NEVER answer the phone(s).

Wifey made the call while I was at work - but it's entirely possible her call landed up back at the Indy SC. We had a subsequent call the next day that I was on with her that was for sure sent back to Indy, but we got the same info... Ordered 7/25 (I said 27 before, I was off), and she said it's shows that it will be "gated" to leave Freemont on 8/17.

I’ve heard varying things about the view source trick. On a PC hit CTRL + U and it will open a page showing HTML code. You can then search for vin by entering 5YJ in the search field. If you see a 17 character vin you have one assigned. If you don’t see 5YJ you don’t have one... at least that’s the story. I saw months ago people saying that trick didn’t work unless the vin was already showing online, so it is sort of pointless.

Thanks a million - no way of checking, but does seem like it would only be there if I knew about it!

I have ended up settling on the black Performance available in Charlotte. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. My biggest regret in settling is paying extra for black when the white is a more expensive paint to apply and it's what I really wanted. I couldn't find a MSM with white Performance anywhere which was my second choice. At least the black does look sharp on the Performance with the larger wheels and white interior.

I have ended up settling on the black Performance available in Charlotte. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. My biggest regret in settling is paying extra for black when the white is a more expensive paint to apply and it's what I really wanted. I couldn't find a MSM with white Performance anywhere which was my second choice. At least the black does look sharp on the Performance with the larger wheels and white interior.
Dude I would tell you to just wait. Don't settle now and regret it later. I got my White/White yesterday and it's worth waiting for.

Why wait so long and then settle. Wait for what you want. Also your user name is set up for white already.

• Funny
Reactions: StealthP3D