Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I mean how long does it take between them registering a VIN and delivering it?

My VIN is 231620. Assuming the VINs are registered sequentially (they are, right?), it would have been in the batch that was registered on Jan 12 (Jan 11 cumulative was 229,766 and Jan 12 was 234,733). While I'm assuming that VINs are registered sequentially, they are not built sequentially. My car was not built for 2+ months after the VIN registration, sometime in March 2019. Delivered March 31.

Chart is from Model 3 VINs

upload_2019-4-29_14-3-22.png

• Informative
Reactions: Yv3s and beezeecee
My VIN is 231620. Assuming the VINs are registered sequentially (they are, right?), it would have been in the batch that was registered on Jan 12 (Jan 11 cumulative was 229,766 and Jan 12 was 234,733). While I'm assuming that VINs are registered sequentially, they are not built sequentially. My car was not built for 2+ months after the VIN registration, sometime in March 2019. Delivered March 31.

Chart is from Model 3 VINs

View attachment 402232
Thanks for the data.

Believe it or not, I did get a call from Tesla today. I was told the white on white are NOT in production yet. So I was offered a fresh off the press MSM white interior. I have received my VIN and delivery should be within 5-10 days. Car is in transit to VA! So I guess I should be happy. But not really

Believe it or not, I did get a call from Tesla today. I was told the white on white are NOT in production yet. So I was offered a fresh off the press MSM white interior. I have received my VIN and delivery should be within 5-10 days. Car is in transit to VA! So I guess I should be happy. But not really

Is that from someone at Tesla with real knowledge? Does it also apply to LR AWD as well as performance? I’m waiting on a White on White LR AWD.

Well, keep watching. If anyone gets notified on a white/white before your MSM/white is delivered so you can tell they're in production... :)

Well, I now have a reservation. Ended up white/black. But the site is telling me I must take delivery at dealer, which is a problem. I'm 180 miles away, but my trade in is no longer registered. Supposed to talk to my advisor in the morning. Also never saw place for referral code.

Certainly better with one in hand than waiting for who knows how long!?

Is that from someone at Tesla with real knowledge? Does it also apply to LR AWD as well as performance? I’m waiting on a White on White LR AWD.

Well that’s what my phone call was about from Tesla. They told me, here on the east coast, it’s going to be at least another 2-4 weeks for white and or red, why I do not, he could have been blowing smoke as well. But it kinda lines up with what has been going on. Lately theirs been no RED and or WHITE with white interior delivery if so very small amount and none on the east coast. Again from my phone call with them. So that’s why I took the fresh one off the line in MSM with white interior

Well that’s what my phone call was about from Tesla. They told me, here on the east coast, it’s going to be at least another 2-4 weeks for white and or red, why I do not, he could have been blowing smoke as well. But it kinda lines up with what has been going on. Lately theirs been no RED and or WHITE with white interior delivery if so very small amount and none on the east coast. Again from my phone call with them. So that’s why I took the fresh one off the line in MSM with white interior

That would be super disappointing. I found some renewed energy thinking it might be this week or next, and if 2 - 4 weeks for the East Coast would that mean 3 - 5 weeks for the West Coast? My Delivery Adviser did mention that they have only 1 red car in inventory (not Performance) which lines up with your intel.

That would be super disappointing. I found some renewed energy thinking it might be this week or next, and if 2 - 4 weeks for the East Coast would that mean 3 - 5 weeks for the West Coast? My Delivery Adviser did mention that they have only 1 red car in inventory (not Performance) which lines up with your intel.
Theirs one person on here in this group, LA, getting a white on black performance but that is the only person. Trust me I wanted white on white but MSM was my second choice. I can only go with, MSM is what I was supposed to have.