Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well well well. If you want a car that once had a cracked glass, with bent drivers door metal edge, and some other defects, which may or may not be fixed over the course of 230miles and 2 weeks, it is available to be bought as an inventory car now! Design Your Model 3 | Tesla

If anyone was wondering, then yes, this shows that cars rejected at delivery do end up on the inventory list. Now the question is if they fixed the issues, or if they put it back up untouched, hoping the next customer don't find out.
Wait is this the one from the Corte Madera store? I think it was transferred to Fremont.

The mileage is similar to the one that I’m getting that’s being transferred from Corte Madera to Fremont.

Fremont did not tell me about this particular one when I was checking for inventory P3Ds.

Uh... Well, if you know what VIN you're assigned, and it is 393067, PM me and I'll let you know what I found about it. (the VIN was embedded in the link URL)

Based on past experience that led to the repurchase of my original P3D, bodyshop/bodywork to fix the bent door edge would have taken month++. I'm pessimistic that they fixed anything at all on this VIN in 2 weeks. Good luck to the person who buys Sonic4!

I've graduated from the "Performance Waiting Room" thread. It's been real!

The scoop... Picked up the red beast a day early (today). Did the whole OCD checklist as one does when they haunt the forums long enough. Near perfect condition. Old firmware (2019.15.103) considering it rolled off the manufacturing floor four days ago. Did not have Homelink, but they are going to install it at no extra charge. Also, since I ordered 5/25 using a referral link, I did get the 5k supercharger miles.

I *may* have screamed like a girl when I punched it just after exiting the Tesla parking lot. (People tell me I look like I should own a Harley.)

After reading this complete thread I expected a fairly long wait. Instead it took me 6 days.

I ordered last on June 9th (a Sunday) and got it June 22nd (Sat). Looked good to me and I'm loving it. I do wish I could have gotten all seasons or 19" wheels, but I'll do that before the fall. I just got my first software upgrade tonight, it warned that it would take 25 minutes.

After reading this complete thread I expected a fairly long wait. Instead it took me 6 days.

I ordered last on June 9th (a Sunday) and got it June 22nd (Sat). Looked good to me and I'm loving it. I do wish I could have gotten all seasons or 19" wheels, but I'll do that before the fall. I just got my first software upgrade tonight, it warned that it would take 25 minutes.
June 22nd is this coming Saturday. How do you already have the car?

• Helpful
Reactions: Jmjcsim
Day 8, and no VIN or delivery date, or any further comms from Tesla. Normally, I'd resist discussing since it's nothing more than being impatient, but the 2-week delivery estimate + Federal rebate halving has me more impatient than I would be otherwise.

The 2 weeks only applies if you car configuration is already built and exists somewhere in the country.

Otherwise the wait time is dependent on when they build your car configuration (they are done in batches).

The website should really state this information so they set the proper expectation with buyers.
Yeah, I've never interpreted the 2 weeks as anything more than directional and agree they should add more caveats to it to avoid misinterpretation. That said, I was more optimistic than I would've been normally given the proximity of the end of the quarter, but it may not ultimately help.

Yeah, I've never interpreted the 2 weeks as anything more than directional and agree they should add more caveats to it to avoid misinterpretation. That said, I was more optimistic than I would've been normally given the proximity of the end of the quarter, but it may not ultimately help.

I think you'll be fine. You can be damn sure that Tesla is going to try as hard as possible to get every single car that has been ordered delivered in this quarter.

Reactions: Mrcarcrazy
I'm curious as to how the matching is done. Is this an algorithm that is doing the matching on the backend, or is an actual human taking every new order and attempting to match it to existing or already in production inventory?

I believe they try and match your car to to the closest location if one already exists. It could be an inventory car at another location or it may still need to be built. Sometimes the cars are just on a transporter destined for a hub locations and they get matched while in transit. My SR+ was matched and when I called to ask where it is they said on a truck in Alabama and it would make its way to GA and then down to south Florida where I took delivery.

My M3P was matched to a car that just came off the line and was being transported to the Jacksonville hub location. Once it matched my order it was routed to me 3 days later. The logistics and timing of delivery were spot on with both orders. Both times the car would arrived a day or two earlier than the specified appt date in the Tesla account but they are so busy with deliveries back to back they need a day or so to prep the car and such.

Any movement for anyone awaiting a P3D?

I was notified last night my white on white P3D which was ordered 5/25 has made the trek from California to Texas.

I’m having home delivery as I am ~5hrs from the nearest Tesla location.

I hope to have it at my house by the end of the week. We shall see. I expect it will be next week...I just hope it’s sooner

I was notified last night my white on white P3D which was ordered 5/25 has made the trek from California to Texas.

I’m having home delivery as I am ~5hrs from the nearest Tesla location.

I hope to have it at my house by the end of the week. We shall see. I expect it will be next week...I just hope it’s sooner
Wow, congrats! That's exciting news. Still nothing on my end (located in ATX), but the Texas factor adds delays.