Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a white/white P3D+ with FSD on 7/24. I still have no VIN. When we ordered our first LR 3D a month and a half ago we didn’t get vin until three days before delivery. I’m hoping tomorrow I’ll get vin assignment and pick up Friday or Saturday, but who knows. I’m in Raleigh NC.

How was the build quality on yours? Are the more recent Model 3s coming together with better quality control than the stuff last year?

It was perfect except for some paint dripping type of issue on the leading edge of the passenger door. About 3 inches worth. I have a service center appointment next week for them to check it out as a delivery issue. Also my passenger lumbar switch does nothing.

Everything else is perfect.

Reactions: BrushlessBrush
Been over a week since I ordered and still no date or VIN and I live like 30 miles from the factory. I'm dying over here...

Don't hold your breath. I (along with many others) have been waiting and still no VIN #. I ordered my white on white performance model on 7/25 and I still haven't received anything about a VIN #. Meanwhile there's a gazzillion black on black cars all over the place ready for immediate delivery.

• Love
Reactions: mmiketa
Don't hold your breath. I (along with many others) have been waiting and still no VIN #. I ordered my white on white performance model on 7/25 and I still haven't received anything about a VIN #. Meanwhile there's a gazzillion black on black cars all over the place ready for immediate delivery.
White on White seems to be the problem, I was told I could have black or grey sooner but I'm holding out for what I ordered.

White on White seems to be the problem, I was told I could have black or grey sooner but I'm holding out for what I ordered.

I ordered W/W on 7/27 ... like others, no VIN... called customer service late last week and was told it's slated to come off the line in Freemont on 8/16, and be on a truck on 8/17 for delivery to Indy some time after that (could be a week, could be a month). My advisor said yesterday morning he's going to work on matching me up to another car, but then he went quiet and is out-of-office (again) until tomorrow...

I was looking at a MSM/blk VIN out of TX, but it's too far away to be brought up to Indy, apparently (?) ... but that has me wondering - based on what you're saying above - if MSM/white would get here quicker? I'd be over the moon happy with either the White or MSM exterior, and with white being the new "base", I'm thinking I might actually like MSM better...

What to do, What to do... first world problems, lolol.