Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have ended up settling on the black Performance available in Charlotte. Delivery is scheduled for tomorrow. My biggest regret in settling is paying extra for black when the white is a more expensive paint to apply and it's what I really wanted. I couldn't find a MSM with white Performance anywhere which was my second choice. At least the black does look sharp on the Performance with the larger wheels and white interior.
Get the white

Had an update on mine order today. A week ago I called and was told that they were still waiting on the vehicle to be built (this was right at the 2 week estimate). I had emailed someone higher up at the same time who just got back from vacation today. He told this morning that the vehicle had been waiting for me a while at the delivery center and there was no indication as to why I had not been contacted. To their credit, I am getting all the paperwork tomorrow and delivery will be scheduled shortly.

I ordered W/W on 7/27 ... like others, no VIN... called customer service late last week and was told it's slated to come off the line in Freemont on 8/16, and be on a truck on 8/17 for delivery to Indy some time after that (could be a week, could be a month). My advisor said yesterday morning he's going to work on matching me up to another car, but then he went quiet and is out-of-office (again) until tomorrow...

I was looking at a MSM/blk VIN out of TX, but it's too far away to be brought up to Indy, apparently (?) ... but that has me wondering - based on what you're saying above - if MSM/white would get here quicker? I'd be over the moon happy with either the White or MSM exterior, and with white being the new "base", I'm thinking I might actually like MSM better...

What to do, What to do... first world problems, lolol.

Found a MSM/blk in Chicago first thing this morning... got matched to it and have delivery scheduled for 8/15!!

We ordered our red/white performance FSDC on July 9, VIN on July 24, Delivered August 1. We are in New Mexico, but opted for a Tempe, AZ delivery. We flew into Phoenix and took a Lyft over to the store arriving an hour early. The store was busy, but not overwhelmed. Our car wasn't ready, but they rolled it into the delivery room as soon as it was.

We inspected the car with a checklist and flashlight, finding a few issues. It was missing some plastic push pins in the rear fender liners and it looked like some minor paint damage on the edge of a fender. We were told that the push pins aren't necessary and are no longer installed during production, but they put some in for us anyway. What we thought was paint damage, tuned out to be adhesive that was easily removed. We gave them a personal check, signed two pieces of paper and drove away. I couldn't imagine a simpler, easier process.

The car is absolutely amazing. Our newest vehicle prior to this was a 2002, so we are a little behind the times personally. Professionally, I am a driving instructor and partially responsible for managing a fleet of nearly 400 vehicles, so I do have pretty decent exposure to a variety of vehicles. I repeat: this car is absolutely amazing.

The white interior is spectacular and so is the sound system. So much so that we've spent a few nights just hanging out with friends in the garage, drinking beer, BSing and listening to music.

In a week, we have driven over 900 miles. Interstates, state highways, county roads and dirt roads. Daytime, nighttime, sun and rain. Autopilot and Navigate on autopilot are game changers. On our 430 mile return trip home, I probably actually drove the car myself for less than a mile. Telsa's are extremely rare in rural New Mexico, it gets a lot of looks and thumbs up even here in the heart of the oil and gas industry.

We've Supercharged three times and used one free charger at an electric co-op. We've have a convenient 14-30 in our garage, next to the car, so the whole experience has been absolutely painless.

We've been showing the car to friends, family and co-workers. Literally every single day we've taken someone for a drive in it. Lots and lots of questions.

We'll put another 900 miles on it this weekend and we can't wait!

Attachments

• IMG_5919.jpeg
    IMG_5919.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 91