Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a text saying my car is being built . And will be delivered soon. LA based so I’m not far from Fremont. No VIN or any other info. How can I get more info on my car. Also financing approved. How does one get the check? I haven’t bought a car in years. I mainly lease

How can I get more info on my car.
You can attempt to call them, but from what has been posted here, it's an effort in futility. Pretty much the only information you will receive is when they notify you of a development.

How does one get the check?
There are a bunch of different options... you can have the bank transfer the funds electronically to Tesla (referred to as an "ACH" transaction), as well as other electronic options. However, IMO, your best bet is to pick up the check from your bank, and take it with you to your delivery appointment. After you have inspected your car, hand them the check and do the paperwork. If the bank won't give the check to you, have them send it via overnight delivery to the Tesla SC where you'll be picking up your car, ideally scheduled to arrive on the same day you'll be picking up your car. Banks vary on how they'll fund new cars.. some will do ACH and other electronic funds transfers, some won't. Some banks will hand you a check to take to the dealer, some won't. Get in touch with your financing institution and find out what your options are.

• Informative
Reactions: bluefin
Things are moving fast now in SoCal. I got a text last night that my car will be leaving the factory soon and headed to Costa Mesa...still no VIN in source. Then this morning I check the owners portal and noticed that I had a new section to complete payment, so I entered my bank routing and account numbers...still no VIN in source. About an hour later I get another text saying my car is in transit and that I should schedule delivery. Back in the owners portal I noticed I can see the VIN now and I chose a pickup time starting on Monday morning. Woohoo!

Reactions: Phlier and Putttt
@cOoTeR don’t remember which color combo you ordered by there’s an inventory blue/black P3D at Tempe delivery center.
Thanks for the heads up. I ordered white / white. I don't really care about the exterior color but I think the all black interior looks too plain. My only requirements are Model 3 performance, white interior, full self driving and not full defects.

Reactions: Putttt
Delivery appointment confirmed - Monday (Sept. 23)
  • Model - M3P White/Black with FSD
  • Location - San Francisco
  • VIN on account page 24 hours after SA matched me with the car.
Would have been able to pick up tomorrow (Sunday), but my CU can't send the check tracking # over until Monday AM.

The wait is almost over :D

Dropping in on the Performance thread here - I just picked up my LR AWD today and took it for a nice hour drive home from SF. I am coming from a 2002 SUV. Bless you guys getting the performance, I can't even bring myself to push this thing yet, is is so @#%#& fast! I think I would scare myself with the performance haha. Be careful out there!
LOL, yeah. I test-drove the LR AWD and I was genuinely impressed by its performance. But I couldn't resist the M3P. The irony is that it'll spend spend most of its time on AP in stop-and-go traffic on my commute. I do hope to take it to the track occasionally though...

Last edited:
Expected a delivery this morning at 8am. Slept through my damned alarm! Probably all that waiting anxiety killing my sleep :p

Thankfully, I only missed the delivery phone call by a few minutes and the delivery was already on its way. Turns out the delivery driver was actually just driving my Model 3 directly from the downtown Seattle location instead of my local Bellevue service center. He mentioned that the App was already unlocked and I could follow the car, which I did, and it was on autopilot driving from SoDo to my house! Nice trick.

On delivery, the car was almost perfect. There is one paint spot near the right rear tail light that they will need to fix, because there is some odd bubbled spot (pretty tiny). Overally, I'm quite happy with the build quality, particularly after all of the forum horror stories. The car did arrive with the non-leather (I refuse to call it vegan) steering wheel. It feels okay, but not "nice". I'm going to ask if they have a leather one at the service center that was removed from another vehicle.

It was quite strange to hand over the keys to my beautiful monster of a Challenger to a guy I just met, never to be seen again. Watching it drive away was the weirdest feeling, but it wasn't sorrowful.

Wife and I went out to breakfast and drove around a bit. I'll probably spend a couple of weeks figuring out the right seat and wheel positioning. It's a much tighter cockpit than my other vehicles have been, and I'll obviously have to change my driving habits a bit.

It didn't arrive with the all-weather floor mats I was promised for the delivery delay, nor the 2-year supercharging I was also promised. I'm working with my SA to get that fixed.
You are so lucky. That is the exact configuration I ordered. Hopefully mine comes soon with no problems. Congratulations!

Reactions: Mongenel
White/White Performance 3 ordered 8/03 to Southern California. VIN and final payment steps just appeared in my account tonight. A delivery appointment was automatically added yesterday for Tuesday the 24th.. not sure if its an accurate appointment or if it was added as a filler until I am able to choose the final delivery time. Been 7 weeks since I placed my order, so very excited to finally have the ball rolling.

White/White Performance 3 ordered 8/03 to Southern California. VIN and final payment steps just appeared in my account tonight. A delivery appointment was automatically added yesterday for Tuesday the 24th.. not sure if its an accurate appointment or if it was added as a filler until I am able to choose the final delivery time. Been 7 weeks since I placed my order, so very excited to finally have the ball rolling.

Same here! I got a VIN in the source code and final payment request on my account page. Nothing about delivery. The text from my SA last week told me to expect Tuesday (24th). I'm afraid to expect anything from Tesla after waiting this long.
8/11 order blue/white FSD Los Angeles

I got a VIN (514XXX)! Here's my timeline:

8/20 - White/white P3D non-FSD ordered
9/14 - Text from Tesla indicating they expected to deliver my car in the next 2 weeks
9/16 - Text from Tesla asking me to log in to my account and complete all outstanding delivery tasks
9/22 - VIN appears in source code + request that I pay my remaining balance

I don't have a delivery date or anything from Tesla/my SA; however, I'm doing a home delivery, so I'm sure it's a bit different. It also doesn't reflect on my account the credit for free white interior upgrade that I discussed with my SA (and a separate Tesla rep confirmed to be on my account), so I've got to get that straightened out.

Anyway...here we go!

Last edited:
Ordered: 8/15 - White/white P3D FSD
9/21 - VIN showed up in source code at 9pm plus my account requested I pay the remaining balance.

Still no delivery date or text from Tesla since 9/14 (saying they expect to deliver my car within the next 2 weeks) or VIN on the main page. No MVPA yet either.

I've gotten pretty used to checking the source code and feeling disappointed. But this morning I checked and the VIN was in there! I'm really glad I was really close to saying forget it and buying a different car. It really wouldn't have been a big deal top wait if they have solid information from the start of the order. They knew how many cars they can make at a time, how many orders they have, when they are building different configuration batches. They should be able to say "Your car is expected to be built in the month of September" because that's when they are building that configuration. But anyways my VIN 51445*
Order 8/31
9/14 text saying expected delivery within 2 weeks
9/16 text saying car is expected to be in Tempe in a few days
9/22 VIN in source code option to finalize payment showed up on account page

No vin on account page yet. Nothing in Tesla app either.

Reactions: Phlier