Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Picked up my model 3 performance about 2 weeks ago. Range was 308 when I got it. Right now the range is showing 268 at 90% and 293 at 100%. I don’t drive it hard and been trying to preserve range. Is there something wrong with the car? Stats app has my car at 67% driving efficiency

Picked up my model 3 performance about 2 weeks ago. Range was 308 when I got it. Right now the range is showing 268 at 90% and 293 at 100%. I don’t drive it hard and been trying to preserve range. Is there something wrong with the car? Stats app has my car at 67% driving efficiency

If Stats says you are at 67% efficiency you are driving the car harder than you think. I have the LR RWD model and to get to 100% efficiency I have to drive like a little old lady. And if you have the 20” wheels on your car you are not going to get anywhere close to the 310 miles of advertised range.

Prices are obviously going to be different for everybody. Personally, Tesla insurance was about 30% more than my current carrier (Wawanesa) for the same coverage.

Right, wasn't trying to say that it'll be cheaper than your current policy. Lots of factors play into the price such as location, age, record, mileage etc. It was more so, "if you haven't, give it a shot" to see what it'll turn out to.

Remember the system is making a guess on range. Some people even call it GOM "Guess-O-Meter". They are initially based on the EPA ratings which for highway are max 60 mph, and is nowhere near reality around me. 60 mph makes you roadkill. For your own sanity I suggest you switch to percentage on as many displays as you can and forget range in miles remaining exists.

In a few weeks with percentage on will develop an idea on how far you can go on x percentage with your driving style, traffic conditions, etc.

Remember the system is making a guess on range. Some people even call it GOM "Guess-O-Meter". They are initially based on the EPA ratings which for highway are max 60 mph, and is nowhere near reality around me. 60 mph makes you roadkill. For your own sanity I suggest you switch to percentage on as many displays as you can and forget range in miles remaining exists.

In a few weeks with percentage on will develop an idea on how far you can go on x percentage with your driving style, traffic conditions, etc.

Couldn't agree more! Plus people don't buy a performance car to drive it easy. Let it go and live a little. Highway driving at 80mph (almost mandatory it seems in Florida) will cut through range pretty quick. I get about 150 miles when going from 90% to 30% at that speed.

City driving with a somewhat chilled approach is where all that extra regen really comes into play to extend range. I had a Fiat 500e that would actually gain battery % while driving conservatively around town.

I recall reading in the forums somewhere that the Model 3 does best at extending range on the highway if speeds are limited to 56 to 58mph...good luck with that as those speed limits are better suited for places like Hawaii where highway speeds are 55. Combine that and conservative driving habits, you may find yourself hypermiling above the 322 stated EPA range.

Did your Tesla Advisor offer a stealth/sleeper variant to speed up delivery?
No. I like the styling of the P+ and didn’t want to compromise on what i wanted in order to speed things up. It came down to just trusting that everything was going to happen eventuallyI took delivery on the 27th after 83 days of waiting. The last week before delivery I received alot of contact, made me feel much better.

Reactions: Punjabi510
Ah, silence for days. Just like our cars.

How is everyone? Shaming muscle cars and other “fast” cars right? I love my car, just did my first bay area to LA road trip and I thought the first 100 miles I only drove 40. Such a pleasant surprise. I do want to say that I did find myself charging quite a bit with a few sport mode passes and maintaining 85 mph, but with a lounge at Kettleman City, I almost wished my car didn’t finish charging so quickly. Hope everyone is enjoying their 2020 so far. I know I am. Already have 1400 miles on my car hah.

I'm having PTSD and ended up on this thread to bitch and moan, but I have nothing to bitch and moan about since taking delivery :). Trying to forget this anxiety lol.
I know what you mean. My Model 3 performance is in for a stealth wrap and ceramic coating. Going through withdrawl. Lucky for my my shop has a Model 3 loaner......its an SR but way still better than nothing.

Finished tinting and wrapping mine.
Xpel Stealth, holographic chrome delete, Xpel Prime XR Plus 45% sides + back, 70% windshield.
Everything has been smooth sailing so far. CF053477.jpg CF053467.jpg CF053466.jpg CF053465.jpg