Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Performance y vins are here!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Accepted delivery today for my MYP. Blue/Black. 72xxx, no metal dials or USB in the glovebox.

Had a minor issue with the skirt bulging a tad bit more than the other side. They took it to the garage and corrected it.

Dropped it off to get wrapped in SunTek PPF, Ceramic, and Photosync Tint on the windows/roof/windshield.

Damn, if I don’t get my VIN soon I’ll be coming up on my 3rd valuation of my trade in, and probably another TD Bank financing refresh....which are both scary. Technically my order date says April of 2020 but I officially completed the order process on October 16th. I managed to delay my delivery because the Model Y went into production way earlier than anticipated and my lease still had a year left, and there was no way I was going to pay off my lease that soon, and nobody would give me what the payoff is. Finally got the payoff down to an amount that Tesla is giving me more than what my payoff is, but I still haven’t gotten a VIN. I’ll be gone for 2 weeks for Christmas and they keep telling me my delivery will be at the end of December timeframe, but I don’t have a VIN to even know if that’s true. Meanwhile, people are getting VIN’s and deliveries, and I’m about to get the ole shaft again soon if I don’t hear something soon. I’m beginning to think that Tesla keeps delaying my VIN and delivery because they want me to keep paying down my lease so they don’t have to give me as much as they originally valued my vehicle at. They OWE me money right now, but I bet my next valuation on my trade in comes in at what my payoff is (my next lease payment is December 15th), and THEN they’ll issue a VIN. Which if true, that’s dirty because my delivery could happen while I’m gone, and I’ll miss out and won’t be able to take delivery. Anyone think I’m crazy or right? Oh yeah, I’m in Maryland so it’s not like there hasn’t been any deliveries around here, or even further from me. Definitely has been, and by people who have ordered after I have.

Just trade somewhere else, I sold mine to Carvana, they beats the Tesla offer and separate it from the Tesla order process, so less stressful.

Until I hear from someone who’s in the same boat as me—still no delivery date AND HAS a trade in—I’m going to assume I haven’t gotten my estimated delivery date yet because I have a trade in. My MVPA says my electronic order terms were accepted in April of 2020, and my completed order process with financing was done around October 16th, so I should have gotten an estimated delivery date by now. I don’t know why a trade in would prevent getting an estimated delivery date though, unless theres something shady going on by Tesla. My third valuation is on the 4th, let’s see if I get my delivery date AFTER I report my new mileage—which is zero miles driven—since my last valuation.

Until I hear from someone who’s in the same boat as me—still no delivery date AND HAS a trade in—I’m going to assume I haven’t gotten my estimated delivery date yet because I have a trade in. My MVPA says my electronic order terms were accepted in April of 2020, and my completed order process with financing was done around October 16th, so I should have gotten an estimated delivery date by now. I don’t know why a trade in would prevent getting an estimated delivery date though, unless theres something shady going on by Tesla. My third valuation is on the 4th, let’s see if I get my delivery date AFTER I report my new mileage—which is zero miles driven—since my last valuation.
I've read your other posts and you may be on to something re your trade-in. Me thinks they'll devalue your trade since your last valuation, even though you've only driven the car 14 miles and then you'll magically receive a VIN within days. Not a conspiracy theorist at all but your situation is an interesting one.

I've read your other posts and you may be on to something re your trade-in. Me thinks they'll devalue your trade since your last valuation, even though you've only driven the car 14 miles and then you'll magically receive a VIN within days. Not a conspiracy theorist at all but your situation is an interesting one.
Yeah, I emailed the sales manager at my local store and “expressed my concern”....let’s see what he says. I hope Tesla isn’t being shady, I don’t like it when people do that. And for me to back out now and cancel, I have WAY to many aftermarket parts, rims and brand new tires sitting here waiting to get out in my new MYP. But, if I have to, I’ll just get a Volvo XC90 Plug in hybrid. I own a XC60 plug in hybrid right now and it tilt is a nice vehicle. The XC90 would be nice because I have a greyhound and my boy loves his room! Haha. But, I’ll try and stay hopeful, and maybe Tesla will come through in time.

Oh, and to say I’m not a customer committed to Tesla’s cause (and you ARE NOT saying that, I’m just informing) then I wouldn’t have 3 vehicle referrals AND two Solar WITH Powerwall referrals in my account. And the icing is (and not that Tesla cares) I’ve actually worked WITH SpaceX before (hence the username I have, haha), and have actually been up close and personal with Falcon 9 rockets, seen a Falcon Heavy launch, and believe it or not been out on the Crew Access Arm at LC-39A. Dope? Dope INDEED!

So, I’d hope that given the number of referrals in my account, Tesla wouldn’t be playing shady with a committed customer. Oh yeah, I own 20 shares of Tesla stock too! Can’t forget about that money maker! Haha. So yeah, let’s hope they aren’t playing shady business.

At least you got a delivery date, haha. Hope you get some good info from your SA! Let us know.

So, my SA told me that the ETA in my account was "fluid" (read: worthless). She said that she typically gets the VIN 1-2 weeks before I would get it and she doesn't see one. Best case is I'm 1-2 weeks from a VIN and then another 1-2 weeks from delivery. So, still possible to get one in the December wave but definitely had my hopes up that the wait was close to being over. It didn't seem like my trade has anything to do with it and hopefully the same is true for yours.