Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How bout De-chrome with 3M 1080 Carbon fiber?

I started but am tepid about trying the window trim, mirrors, and nosecone

I’m in Newark but work in Sunnyvale/Santa Clara.
Hi Seclinton, 3M 1080 is a more expensive film. To accomplish chrome delete with this material you are looking at $800, with the job taking approx 6 hours. My wrap tech is amazing (as you can see from the few pix I posted). You will be very happy to have reduced your stress level of trying to wrap yourself, as well as with the end result. :) You could drop off on your way into work and pick up by 6 pm same day. :D

Hi Jazz, Yes we prep the car extensively. Wash, clay bar, polish, alcohol wash, whatever is needed. PPF pricing is different. To wrap the entire car in PPF it will cost you $4,500, half the car is $1,650. To tint with our Ceramic film you are looking at $650 (I discounted this for you for multiple services). This includes all windows except your front windshield and sunroof, with the back done in one piece, all computer cut patterns. Typical turnaround for tint is 3 hours, for wrapping the car is 5 days. If you want to drive down on a Saturday you can expect to pick up the following Friday by EOB which is 6 pm. :)

Thank you this was really helpful and informative...I'm debating between the clear PPF or a matte blue wrap with chrome delete to match my wheels plus a tint job...sounds like the matte finish would qualify for your sale...is it as robust as the PPF? What I mean by that is PPF is usually an 8 mil self-healing for minor debris, would the matte serve this same purpose?

Thank you again in advance! You're about a 2-hour drive for me but I'd be excited to come for a day :)

Reactions: TintWorldSantaClara
Thank you this was really helpful and informative...I'm debating between the clear PPF or a matte blue wrap with chrome delete to match my wheels plus a tint job...sounds like the matte finish would qualify for your sale...is it as robust as the PPF? What I mean by that is PPF is usually an 8 mil self-healing for minor debris, would the matte serve this same purpose?

Thank you again in advance! You're about a 2-hour drive for me but I'd be excited to come for a day :)
Jazz, it is my pleasure. The matte vinyl finish does quality for the sale. :D It is not as robust as the PPF and will not serve the same exact purpose. The matte vinyl will protect the paint underneath, but does not have self healing properties or the same protective properties as PPF. This being said, you have several options available to you.You can get the Matte Vinyl installed and take advantage of the sale, we can go over options for PPF in specific targeted areas, and tint as well. With all of these services we will take very good care of you. Think about it, & let me know when you want to come.:)

I wish. Those look awesome. This crap is so expensive in Michigan.
Thank you Dirty! Yes it is expensive here too, we are just lucky enough to be able to run this sale. Our Wrap Tech is awesome, and we want to keep him busy creating unique Tesla's (and those other things called cars) all over the place. The first Tesla I posted was featured in a magazine already..might be time for a road trip for you?? ;) Check it out!! Tesla owner goes green on St. Patrick's Day

• Helpful
Reactions: DirtyT3sla
Thank you Dirty! Yes it is expensive here too, we are just lucky enough to be able to run this sale. Our Wrap Tech is awesome, and we want to keep him busy creating unique Tesla's (and those other things called cars) all over the place. The first Tesla I posted was featured in a magazine already..might be time for a road trip for you?? ;) Check it out!! Tesla owner goes green on St. Patrick's Day

I'd love to road trip out there. The video I'd make out of that and a video about the wrap we'd both be benefiting big haha. But not happening anytime soon unfortunately!

Reactions: TintWorldSantaClara
Oh, I live in Santa Clara and looking for chrome delete, how long it takes for you to do so, pre facelift Model S?
Is it possible just to wait there while you finishing the job?
Also, does 3M wrap have that orange peel or it is completely shiny? Thanks
Hi Loco, it takes between 5 to 8 hours, 6 being the norm. It is possible to wait here, though I don't think you want to hang out for that long.;) The wrap look depends on what material you pick. We have a lot of swatches to choose from, 3M & Avery Dennison. You should come to the shop to pick which one you want.:D