Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pete8314's Key Fob Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll be low-cost, but production costs and other factors will mean they're not going to be quite as cheap as the Amazon price, but less that their stated 'list price' :) If popular, color variations (i.e. to match the car) would be easy to do.
So...Pete...Lots of interest...How do we go about getting them? Thanks Al

Working on it. I hope to get a second sample within a week or so before pulling the trigger on the first batch. I just want to make sure the quality is what I'd expect (it's a cheap item, but I don't want it to look cheap or tacky).

Not to complicate matters, but my only issue with the Case Logic one is the hole. I wonder if that could be reinforced a bit? Making it smaller might accomplish the same thing though.

Evan, Via Tapatalk

Awesome. I would like to order 2 as well.

Is the material on top thin enough that you can feel the shape of the key to push correct button or is it simply easy to orient it since you know that keyring is at the top?

I think it's 2.5mm neoprene, but I'll know for sure next week. I have the Case Logic case, and I 'drive' the key frontwards into it, so I always know the frunk is at the front, and the trunk is exposed through the hole.

- - - Updated - - -

Pete - looks good. I would be in for 2. You may want to move this thread to the Tesla Parts For Sale thread. That is where I have the wheel T stickers, and people keep up with it there.

Will do once I have something to sell. For now I just wanted to gather opinions, since we've all been through a lot of options finding the ideal solution.

I'm currently using two of the case logic usb keyfob cases. I'd happily replace those with something Tesla specific, so count me in for two. I would be very interested in a redesigned fob to make a case unnecessary. I haven't tried opening up the FOB yet to see if I could swap the board out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.