TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

pete8314's Key Fob Cover

Discussion in 'Tesla Parts for Sale' started by pete8314, May 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

#1 pete8314, May 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    It's work in progress, but any interest in this kind of thing?

key holders.jpg

---Update 23 June 2013 ---

Just adding the relevant details to the top of this thread, since it's getting rather long.

Here's a picture of the color options available:

Picture1.jpg

The reservation list can be found here. As people make requests via this thread or PM, I'll add to it. I'll stop confirming every addition since it just adds noise to the thread, but feel free to PM me if you don't see your name after a day or so.

The cost of each fob holder for reservations placed on or before June 21 is $8.95 incl. domestic shipping.

The cost of each fob holder for reservations placed after June 21 is $11 for one, or $20 for two, domestic shipping included. Canadian orders please add an additional $1.

I'll provide details of how to order once the new stock arrives, it's expected around July 8th.

---Update 10 July 2013 ---

The new stock arrived today, and PM's have gone out to all early-bird reservations holder (those that reserved on or before June 21). I'll give it until after the weekend (as I'll be at Teslive, so unable to ship anything) for that group to complete their orders before sending out PM's to everyone else that reserved, in reservation order. There's enough stock to fulfill all the existing requests, so I do not expect issues there.

2. joshuaeven

joshuaeven Member

3. efusco

efusco Moderator - Model S & X forums

Yes!
    *Assuming reasonable price, durable, etc..

4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

+ 2

5. dflye

dflye S Sig Perf 414, VIN 814

Hot damn, yes! That would be a perfect replacement for the generic ones I'm using now, and had to hack off the manufacturer's cloth tag.

6. Silenus136

Silenus136 Member

Yes! Put me down for 2.

7. gaswalla

gaswalla P4201/85/airsusp/pano/19i

I would be interested...

isn't there some rule or law about putting logos on merchandise? oh well.. count me in.

8. 4sevens.com

4sevens.com Member

I'm up for it... i'm using that case right now... prefer a smaller hole actually

9. jomo25

jomo25 P4398

Yup, I'd be in for 2. Also agree that smaller hole would be great if you can set that. Actually, I would propose the hole be in the middle, slightly smaller. Will keep it more securely in there and would be great from a feel perspective to know that it's the middle of the fob without looking at it. Again, if you can modify the current generic design. If this is just a rebranding of the current one, then it'll suffice.

10. dflye

Actually, I prefer having the hole in one end, that way I can tell with a quick touch without removing fob from pocket which end I need to double-press to open the trunk vs frunk. In my case, the more frequently used end (popping the frunk) is the one I have exposed through the hole.

11. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

I think for now I'll keep the hole near the end, I tend to agree that I like to know which end is the frunk/trunk. I'll see about making the hole smaller, it's about 2mm smaller that the Case Logic one, but could probably shave off another 5mm.

12. mknox

mknox Well-Known Member

I would be interested if the price is in line with the Case Logic case I'm using right now:

A04V_1_20110313_fe453de2-e1fe-4967-99f1-5eae89872188385263.jpg

13. Andrew

Andrew Model S #6151

Would they float?

14. pete8314

pete8314 Vendor

They'll be low-cost, but production costs and other factors will mean they're not going to be quite as cheap as the Amazon price, but less that their stated 'list price' :) If popular, color variations (i.e. to match the car) would be easy to do.

15. dflye

I kind of like having two diff colors currently, so we have "his" and "hers" key fobs that mostly have the same crap on the keyring, but not 100%, so being able to differentiate by color is a plus.

16. Cosmacelf

Cosmacelf Active Member

I'm in! Good idea.

17. UMD86

UMD86 Member

YES

18. Merrill

Merrill Active Member

2 for me.

19. AlMc

AlMc 'Senior Moments' member

I'll take two....preferably two different colors (his and hers) as someone else mentioned

20. irishstoutaz

irishstoutaz Member

Yes, +2 for me...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.