Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pete8314's Key Fob Cover

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks to everyone that's already paid, everything is mostly packed and wrapped, so will be mailed on Monday. A special thanks to those that 'rounded-up' the payment, very much appreciated :biggrin:

My PM mailbox just filled up (constant battle!), so apologies to the couple of people that just tried to PM me, but I've cleared it out now.

For those not already paid, please can you include your TMC screen-name somewhere in the Paypal notes, it helps with the reconciliation.

Color poll to follow soon!

The first shipment for all that have paid will go out first thing tomorrow.

for some reason some of the PayPal payments did not come over with shipping addresses....I've PM's most of you, but there's 2 that I can't work out the TMC name of - please PM your shipping details:

[names redacted as I have the info now]

Thanks!

All other requests have been added to the spreadsheet.

Pete

Last edited:
Hi all

Last call for the first batch of reservation holders. If you’ve changed your mind, then no problem, otherwise please make your payment by midday (Central) tomorrow. After then, I’ll start working down the reservation list to clear what’s left of the first batch.

The next batch has been ordered, comprising the colors below. They should be here in about 3 weeks.

Picture1.jpg

For those with existing reservations, don’t worry about letter me know your color preference yet, there will be enough to cover all options. There will be some very minor dimensional changes based on feedback already received, and I look forward to more as more of the holders get out there.

Now for the not-so-good news. I under-estimated the effort this would take, and a couple of other elements that have added to my expense. I clearly never set out to make a lot of profit from this, but I apparently didn’t apply any value to my own time (or my wife's!) :crying:. Even though this is a relatively trivial widget, I want to be able to provide a really good product with great service. Therefore, and with regret, the price for new orders will have to increase a little, partly to help with the additional expense of automating the order process. To be fair to everyone that’s already supported this endeavor, all existing reservations, and any new reservations received before June 21 at 6pm Central will be honored at the current pricing.

After that time, there will be a slight increase - it should be around a dollar, the reason I'm not adding the prices yet is that I'm pushing the limits on what I can mail as a USPS first-class letter before moving up to the first class small parcel, which would more than triple my mailing cost, so I'd appreciate feedback from those that receive their holder on the state of the packaging. I had one returned to me, and it was intact, but might have had a fight with a mail sorting machine, so I want to ensure the packaging is right before setting the price.

This has been an interesting little project, and I truly appreciate the support I’ve received from the TMC community!

Hi all

Last call for the first batch of reservation holders. If you’ve changed your mind, then no problem, otherwise please make your payment by midday (Central) tomorrow. After then, I’ll start working down the reservation list to clear what’s left of the first batch.

The next batch has been ordered, comprising the colors below. They should be here in about 3 weeks.

View attachment 23986

For those with existing reservations, don’t worry about letter me know your color preference yet, there will be enough to cover all options. There will be some very minor dimensional changes based on feedback already received, and I look forward to more as more of the holders get out there.

Now for the not-so-good news. I under-estimated the effort this would take, and a couple of other elements that have added to my expense. I clearly never set out to make a lot of profit from this, but I apparently didn’t apply any value to my own time (or my wife's!) :crying:. Even though this is a relatively trivial widget, I want to be able to provide a really good product with great service. Therefore, and with regret, the price for new orders will have to increase a little, partly to help with the additional expense of automating the order process. To be fair to everyone that’s already supported this endeavor, all existing reservations, and any new reservations received before June 21 at 6pm Central will be honored at the current pricing.

After that time, there will be a slight increase - it should be around a dollar, the reason I'm not adding the prices yet is that I'm pushing the limits on what I can mail as a USPS first-class letter before moving up to the first class small parcel, which would more than triple my mailing cost, so I'd appreciate feedback from those that receive their holder on the state of the packaging. I had one returned to me, and it was intact, but might have had a fight with a mail sorting machine, so I want to ensure the packaging is right before setting the price.

This has been an interesting little project, and I truly appreciate the support I’ve received from the TMC community!

Pete, Again thanks for all your efforts. I think a fair price based on what you are saying should be in the $12 range. If TMC was selling them I am sure their business'finance people would not let them out of their stores for less than $15. I will be sending in a paypal payment for my additional 10 fobs at $12/each and would encourage others to do likewise. Al

Status
Not open for further replies.