Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phantom iPhone music play with Firmware 9 (2018.39)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Apologies up front as I believe this has been discussed a bunch but I could not find anything

It seems when I get into my X now running v9, the music on my phone automatically starts playing in the background
I can see it playing on the iPhone lock screen however the music in my X is playing another source (streaming or TuneIn)

Any magical idea how to stop this from happening so I don’t have to hit the pause button on my iPhone every time I get in my X?

Also, is this an Apple bug / issue or does this also happen with Android devices?

I just upgraded to Firmware 9 a few days ago, and I notice something funny. Even when I tune in other channels such as radio or Slacker, my iPhone would still automatically play music over bluetooth. The car does not play the bluetooth music, but it is annoying that I have to manually stop the phone from playing. Does it happen to anyone else as well? I wonder if Tesla has a way for us to file firmware bug reports.

So I start to wonder if this is iOS 12 issue or FW 9 issue. @Rockster, did it happen before iOS update?

@tangent .....if I was a guessing man I would say it has to do more with v9 update then iOS 12
The reason I say this is I was running iOS 12 on v8 and it was fine
Only until v9 installed did I start seeing the Apple Music screen pop up on lock screen and music start playing automatically

• Informative
Reactions: tangent
I just updated to 2018.40, and I have the same issue.

I notice something funny, if I switch from Phone mode to other source such as Streaming or Radio, the music would pause on my iPhone. But if I walk in the car while it is on Streaming/Radio, my phone would start playing music by itself.