Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App: iPhone/Android app

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had the same experience last night while at a restaurant... Put on my coat and walked to make sure my car was still there when I could no longer connect to it with my iPhone.

However, this morning my app keeps giving me the 'incorrect e-mail/password' message. Tried restarting phone, reinstalling app, changing password on MyTesla, nothing works...

Anyone else having issues logging in via the iOS app today?

Haha having same iPhone app outage issue, and I too ran to the car (and am sitting in her now) and see everything else to be working fine. I even reset the main display, but no change

The app connects to Tesla's server which connects to the car (as far as my understanding goes). it appears that Tesla doesn't have a farm of servers to connect to, only just one, so when that gets busy or has maintenance, there is an outage. I notice that at around 17:00 central there is slowness on most days. I assume that's because of the number of people trying to connect.

i have to say i haven't noticed any 'outages' really at all in the weeks the app's been out. i use it two or three times a day minimum and it's almost always worked right away (few seconds to download/upload..). when it doesn't connect right away i just give it a few and try again. sometimes it's my cell service at the phone, and sometimes it's the car not connecting right away, but.. never have i been to the point where i thought the server was 'down'. once i think i got a message saying it couldn't contact server and then too i just gave it a few mins and it worked the next time. haven't had to reinstall ever or anything like that. fwiw.