Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone App Not Connected

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Very often when I go to pre-heat my M3, I get a message that my phone is not connected. Then at some point it will randomly connect. Anyone know how to fix this. My phone is a Samsung S7. Thanks, Norm

What message are you talking about - the one when you open the app and it says "waking up"? If so, your car goes to sleep to save power after it has been parked for a while and it takes time to wake it up. Sometimes it takes a few seconds and sometimes it can take longer depending on the LTE signal.

Or are you talking about something else?

I get a message at the bottom of the screen (white stripe) that says "updated at" and the time. There is a circle going around like it is trying to update. The charge is gray and the bar across the bottom of the "Climate" screen blocks the buttons (which are probably gray anyway). I have tried rebooting the phone and also turning bluetooth off and on. Nothing works.

Couple of things you might try to narrow it down a bit. Try one of the 2rd party Tesla apps (Stats for example), and see if they can connect. That at least would indicate if its the Tesla app itself or car connectivity. You might also try a car reset; this is a feeble fix of course (the old "if in doubt reboot the computer" chant of support the world over), but it has been known to fix issues like this.

Couple of things you might try to narrow it down a bit. Try one of the 2rd party Tesla apps (Stats for example), and see if they can connect. That at least would indicate if its the Tesla app itself or car connectivity. You might also try a car reset; this is a feeble fix of course (the old "if in doubt reboot the computer" chant of support the world over), but it has been known to fix issues like this.
I have done a number of reboots while working on the voice command problem. Rebooting did not seem to have any effect. I will try looking at a 3rd party app to check the internet connection. I have watched some YouTubes in the car while parked at the house -- no problem. Thanks, Norm

I have done a number of reboots while working on the voice command problem. Rebooting did not seem to have any effect. I will try looking at a 3rd party app to check the internet connection. I have watched some YouTubes in the car while parked at the house -- no problem. Thanks, Norm

If you have a spouse or older kids (you trust!!) can you get them to install the app and see if it works for them?

I have this issue all the time. I am sure it is not the app, I think it is the car as I have the app on my tablets also and neither works. Then out of the blue the phone app will and so will the tablets. Then it may not connect again for a few days.

It always works as the key

I, also, have the app on my Samsung phone and iPad. i have never checked the iPad when the phone wasn't working. i will look at that. As I remember, this started after i received an update shortly after getting the car in November.

What message are you talking about - the one when you open the app and it says "waking up"? If so, your car goes to sleep to save power after it has been parked for a while and it takes time to wake it up. Sometimes it takes a few seconds and sometimes it can take longer depending on the LTE signal.

Or are you talking about something else?

I also want to ask.... I always wait over few mintues, but finally show "Vehicle Connection Error". How can I solve the problem??

Attachments

• v fail.jpeg
    v fail.jpeg
    9.2 KB · Views: 48