Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone app unable to wake up car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Since almost two weeks we have been unable to wake up our MYLR using the phone app. We're in Switzerland and Tesla service has explained that this problem is affecting many of the Teslas here – apparently the message sent by the system to wake the car up is not reaching the car... Anyone else suffering from the same problem?

With this particular problem there are no server errors shown; the app simply shows the spinning wheel for trying to connect indefinitely. Also, the two button reboot changes nothing! Remote Service wrote that it is "currently under investigation with Tesla engineers"...

Usually yes, but this is happening even when the internet connection is fine. Also, if the car is already awake, then the app communicates with the car just fine. The problem is that that the car cannot be woken up from the app.
Do you know what LTE service Tesla uses in Switzerland? I have experienced laggy app response here in the US even when I had "good connection" on my phone to the AT&T towers but at the time they were having a service outage in the area, ie the internet was laggy on my phone even with full bars.

Do you know what LTE service Tesla uses in Switzerland? I have experienced laggy app response here in the US even when I had "good connection" on my phone to the AT&T towers but at the time they were having a service outage in the area, ie the internet was laggy on my phone even with full bars.
Good question, I'm not sure. Anyway, the problem also occurs when the car is on the home WiFi network. Also, if the car is awake and on LTE (e.g. when my wife is driving) then the app communicates with it just fine.

I get this issue sometimes but the problem is on the phone side. I force the app shut, immediately reopen it and the car wakes up instantly. I'm using android but I think you can also force apps shut on iphone as well.
Thanks for the idea. Tried this (even restarted the iPhone), but no change. My wife cannot wake the car up from her iPhone app either. From their response, Tesla service confirm that the problem is somewhere in their system, and its affecting many cars in Switzerland. I guess that there are just not many Swiss owners hanging out on this forum ;-)

Happened to me this evening at about 5:30 P.M. EST. I was unable to precondition my 2020 LRMY before driving using the Tesla app on my iPhone. I tried closing and re-opening the Tesla app, turning BT off and back on; also tried restarting my iPhone. Nothing helped. I was able to wake up the Model Y by opening the door (the Y was parked, unlocked inside my garage.) I left my iPhone inside the Tesla for 5 minutes and also set Climate Control to remain on when I exited the Model Y. The phone key was not recognized, had to use the key card to drive. Also when returning home I had to use the key card to unlock the Model Y and to start driving. I hope this is just a short term issue with the Tesla servers.

Usually yes, but this is happening even when the internet connection is fine. Also, if the car is already awake, then the app communicates with the car just fine. The problem is that that the car cannot be woken up from the app.
I have the same exact problem. I also live in Switzerland. For two years I've never had any problem awakening the car from sleep when it's in the garage. Since 1 month, the car does not wake up once it enters sleep mode. I have not received any feedback from Tesla yet on the solution.

I have the same exact problem. I also live in Switzerland. For two years I've never had any problem awakening the car from sleep when it's in the garage. Since 1 month, the car does not wake up once it enters sleep mode. I have not received any feedback from Tesla yet on the solution.
Frustrating, right? Once the problem with ours was resolved, it does not appear to have come back, possibly aside from one or two short periods.