Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phone Key not auto-presenting handles, but Fob does?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've got a 2021 Plaid S and prior to the 2021.44.25.2 update everything was working just fine. Now with my phone key the handles do not auto-present, but the pressure sensor method works fine. The keyfobs both cause the correct auto-present behavior.

I've tried the two-scrollwheel reset multiple times, I've removed the phone key from the car and deleted the app, reinstalled, re-activated the phone key, then reset MCU again and still no change.

Anyone else seeing this or do I need to go down the service route?

Thanks!

I’ve been having the same issue. I’m not sure exactly when it started, but nothing seems to fix it. Just broke in an update I guess? Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

I’m on FSD Beta build 2021.44.30.15 (soon .21). Anyone know if this is fixed in the newer non-beta 2022.4.X builds?

Yup. Also tried deleting and reconnecting the phone key, as well as Bluetooth. Toggled the setting, reset the car, etc. It just doesn’t do it. The phone key works otherwise, and the handles pop out if you press them. But auto-present seems broken.
Did anyone ever figure this out. My car is all of a sudden doing the same thing but there was no software update.
A day after it started I got a software update but that hasn’t fixed it. I don’t know if it has to do Apple iPhone update that I recently did.

I have the same issue with auto present.
I, just yesterday, discovered if I wave my phone close to the pillar (near where the key card would be placed) the handles will present.
Not sure what this means but have updated my up coming service request to let them know.

I have apt this week to finally get my fobs that we're out of stock when I took delivery. I have a M3 fob paired now that works for everything but the auto present.

Not sure if this really helps but I will update when I talk to mobile tech one Thursday.

This is finally resolved! I had the car in for a different service reason, but I mentioned this problem to them. They investigated and determined that the front Bluetooth endpoint wasn’t working properly and had been failing to apply firmware updates for four months. They replaced it, and now it’s working as expected.

So if you have this issue, make a service appointment for it.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
This is finally resolved! I had the car in for a different service reason, but I mentioned this problem to them. They investigated and determined that the front Bluetooth endpoint wasn’t working properly and had been failing to apply firmware updates for four months. They replaced it, and now it’s working as expected.

So if you have this issue, make a service appointment for it.

I’m having the same issue with my 2023 Model S Plaid and your post definitely helped point me in the right direction. When I go into service mode there is an alert for losing communication to the front endpoint. Have an appointment to get this rectified next week!

Reactions: BrandonLive