Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Phonekey breaks - Iphone 12

Jul 29, 2020
San Francisco
Model Y. Latest update.
Iphone 12. Latest version of Tesla App.
So the Phonekey is paired and working. Works perfectly for a few weeks, than suddenly breaks.
Won't unlock or lock or start the vehicle. Log into the phone, doesn't help.
Checked the app, it is logged in, paired and shows vehicle status, can manually unlock/lock the vehicle.
Bluetooth is on.
But no phonekey.
Phonekey on Samsung Android with same vehicle, has not broken, so far.
Ideas? Might try uninstalling and re-installing Tesla app and re-pairing the Iphone.

Last edited:

T Chicago

Supporting Member
Jul 16, 2020
Chicago
If you haven’t tried this already, on your iPhone try turning bluetooth off, wait a few seconds and turn it back on. This has worked for me.

Jul 29, 2020
San Francisco
msung Android with same vehicle, has not broken, so far.
Ideas? Might try uninstalling and re-installing Tesla app and re-pairing the Iphone.

If you haven’t tried this already, on your iPhone try turning bluetooth off, wait a few seconds and turn it back on. This has worked for me.
Thanks. Yea tried that. Didn't do it. I'll follow the 7 step process suggested on another thread, in the comfort of my own garage. I've learned when owning a Tesla you gotta roll with the punches.....

Reactions: T Chicago

WattsappMTL

Nov 2, 2020
Montreal
It happened to me twice this week on an Android phone. I tried reinitializing Bluetooth connection but it didn't help. Both times the phone key recovered after I restarted the phone.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC