Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• 26C02E29-62DA-410F-8B74-CA06AAFE9207.jpeg
    26C02E29-62DA-410F-8B74-CA06AAFE9207.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 278
Reactions: Snade
With spacers correct? What's the offsets and spacer widths used? They look spot on....
Correct. 15/20mm it's literally perfect in my book.
Final effective specs became 20x9 +20 / 20x10 +20.

Unfortunately, I had to to remove the front 15mm after discovering the lug nuts holding the spacers in place did not clear the wheel's back pad properly.

Danny

What lip and side skirt?

Danny
T-Sportline kit. Bought in 2019. Overall I really like it, but with the newer options from other vendors I'd probably look around now. I had to do some fine tuning on the front lip to eliminate wind noise as there was a small overlap inside the vents on the sides, and the fixation on the bottom wasn't perfect so I had to use some 3M VHB. For the sideskirts I used some glue (similar to what is used for installing windshields) to make sure it was fixed solid. With all the salt, rain, snow, etc I wanted to make sure the rocker panels were protected and this really works well! I do have a full PPF though as well covering the carbon also. I went with this look as I love the contrast and it was the same I had on my original 2012 Tesla roadster (White with gloss carbon). In the interior I went with full matte carbon though to avoid glare.

Reactions: MODEL+
T-Sportline kit. Bought in 2019. Overall I really like it, but with the newer options from other vendors I'd probably look around now. I had to do some fine tuning on the front lip to eliminate wind noise as there was a small overlap inside the vents on the sides, and the fixation on the bottom wasn't perfect so I had to use some 3M VHB. For the sideskirts I used some glue (similar to what is used for installing windshields) to make sure it was fixed solid. With all the salt, rain, snow, etc I wanted to make sure the rocker panels were protected and this really works well! I do have a full PPF though as well covering the carbon also. I went with this look as I love the contrast and it was the same I had on my original 2012 Tesla roadster (White with gloss carbon). In the interior I went with full matte carbon though to avoid glare.
Thank you and thank you for the extra insight.
It reminds me of NOVITEC's kit that we carry, but there's some notable differences.

Danny

Thank you and thank you for the extra insight.
It reminds me of NOVITEC's kit that we carry, but there's some notable differences.

Danny
Yeah, I recently checked out your shop. Quite a nice selection! We have some additional concerns here in Switzerland that you don't have in the US. For all these modifications we typically need an official "homologation" certificate/inspection. I have everything certified for the most part (KW V3's, Brixton RF7's, Bloxsport spacers, etc), but the front lip and side skirts are not possible. They don't care much about the side skirts but the front lip can be a problem if they really want to control me. So far they haven't said a thing, but that's why I used 3M VHB on the front so I can easily remove it if I have to. To resolve the wind noise (was making my completely crazy) I used a dremel and made the lip flush with the inside air vent part. I then initially covered the seam on the bottom with heavy duty black duct tape as a test. Once confirmed it was silent I used the VHB. Hope it helps! To balance out the contrast I also used a slight smoke color PPF on the headlights. That made a nice balance all around. ;-)

• Love
Yeah, I recently checked out your shop. Quite a nice selection! We have some additional concerns here in Switzerland that you don't have in the US. For all these modifications we typically need an official "homologation" certificate/inspection. I have everything certified for the most part (KW V3's, Brixton RF7's, Bloxsport spacers, etc), but the front lip and side skirts are not possible. They don't care much about the side skirts but the front lip can be a problem if they really want to control me. So far they haven't said a thing, but that's why I used 3M VHB on the front so I can easily remove it if I have to. To resolve the wind noise (was making my completely crazy) I used a dremel and made the lip flush with the inside air vent part. I then initially covered the seam on the bottom with heavy duty black duct tape as a test. Once confirmed it was silent I used the VHB. Hope it helps! To balance out the contrast I also used a slight smoke color PPF on the headlights. That made a nice balance all around. ;-)
Appreciate your kind words!

I am very aware of the strict regulations in Europe, Australia and Japan. This is one of the reasons why parts produced and sold in countries such as Germany and Japan are on another tier in terms of quality (and pricing). I'm actually surprised you got away with Bloxsport spacers. Aren't those suppose to be "off road" use only? haha

Under such strict rules and regulations, I can imagine this deters a lot of people willing to modify their cars over there. Here in the states, it's basically a free for all 😅

Danny

Appreciate your kind words!

I am very aware of the strict regulations in Europe, Australia and Japan. This is one of the reasons why parts produced and sold in countries such as Germany and Japan are on another tier in terms of quality (and pricing). I'm actually surprised you got away with Bloxsport spacers. Aren't those suppose to be "off road" use only? haha

Danny
In Switzerland we can go up to a certain size. I am running only 5mm all around with the Brixtons.