Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wheels are finished!! Came out great, really happy with the piano black from hyperdip, learned a lot about how to wet spray correctly without drip as well, video on this coming soon - I was originally just going to paint the front face of the rim but ended up taking the wheels off and painted the insides as well, didn't want any silver peeking through. Hyperdip says give it 6-8 hours and the paint will settle a bit smoother as well. Time will tell. Also my driveway is definitely angled because from this view it looks like the back is slammed haha - I need to start my build thread, just hoping mods don't take it down like last time-

Also, the Maxton Design rear diffuser showed up while I was doing the wheels today, SUPER stoked to get that on

Attachments

• IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    362.7 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_0676.JPG
    IMG_0676.JPG
    362 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0678.JPG
    IMG_0678.JPG
    332.2 KB · Views: 234
  • IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    580.7 KB · Views: 211
Wheels are finished!! Came out great, really happy with the piano black from hyperdip, learned a lot about how to wet spray correctly without drip as well, video on this coming soon - I was originally just going to paint the front face of the rim but ended up taking the wheels off and painted the insides as well, didn't want any silver peeking through. Hyperdip says give it 6-8 hours and the paint will settle a bit smoother as well. Time will tell. Also my driveway is definitely angled because from this view it looks like the back is slammed haha - I need to start my build thread, just hoping mods don't take it down like last time-

Also, the Maxton Design rear diffuser showed up while I was doing the wheels today, SUPER stoked to get that on

Wow! Killer results, yeah, looking forward to the video. I've done a few Plasti-Dip things in the past, good results, but it was limited to small things like badges.

Reactions: matnetik
Had to post this one, got it out and about it - really happy with the stance and visual appearance. Planning on doing XPEL Stealth wrap in a few weeks but unsure now, I see SO MANY white Tesla’s, debating on doing a wrap instead in a matte nardo grey (but slightly lighter like the Porsche Panorama’s) - anyway, not much left to do, the Maxton diffuser I bought is in gloss so I need to spray it in a light-gloss black to match the rest of the car, and need to install the Hansshow frunk still - also might do a new front bumper from either unplugged or robot craftsman

56F1E6B0-BFFC-467C-A804-44B7E0756746.jpeg

Had to post this one, got it out and about it - really happy with the stance and visual appearance. Planning on doing XPEL Stealth wrap in a few weeks but unsure now, I see SO MANY white Tesla’s, debating on doing a wrap instead in a matte nardo grey (but slightly lighter like the Porsche Panorama’s) - anyway, not much left to do, the Maxton diffuser I bought is in gloss so I need to spray it in a light-gloss black to match the rest of the car, and need to install the Hansshow frunk still - also might do a new front bumper from either unplugged or robot craftsman

View attachment 683557

The best gray :)
IMG_5841.jpg

How long have you had it wrapped? I was going to do matte PPF but kind of want to change colors. Just worried about the longevity of it, I do keep my car under a car cover daily and don’t drive often, few times a week maybe.
3 months. Wife and I did it in April (mostly the wife). It's a daily driver, but we take the Y for longer drives.

Attachments

• 20210425_122634.jpg
    20210425_122634.jpg
    430.3 KB · Views: 242