Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pic of your Model 3.......RIGHT NOW! [model 3 pictures thread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gotta love the storage. Loaded up and ready for a tennis session with my daughter.

01C9D04E-399F-4205-9D5E-FAC89704D040.jpeg

Last edited:
If E "just means electric vehicle" then what does the L mean?
Funny thing is, there is no L option in there so I am not even sure. I have seen people in other threads post that NCA and LFP can both be E coded. I guess the for sure way is to go into the charging screen in your car and see if there is a distinction at the top end saying "trip". I guess LFP batteries don't show "Trip" and just show "100%" at the right.

I would check mine (despite me being very very certain I have an NCA battery as they did not produce long range sizes with the LFP so there could be no confusion), but it is in a body shop at the moment getting ppf wrapping. I will check once I get the car back in a few days. The app doesn't list anything for me other than just % indicators.

Yes. Charge to your heart's content. You have no limitations.

PS. I would not be posting your VIN online.
Buddy living in Canada we don’t generally have the same level of security concerns tbh lol. If someone really wants my car more then I do…it’s all yours 🤷🏽‍♂️ It’s fully insured. It’s a piece of metal…it can be replaced. I don’t worry about things like that. Not sure what one can take from my vin?

Reactions: Rmchrger
Buddy living in Canada we don’t generally have the same level of security concerns tbh lol. If someone really wants my car more then I do…it’s all yours 🤷🏽‍♂️ It’s fully insured. It’s a piece of metal…it can be replaced. I don’t worry about things like that. Not sure what one can take from my vin?
You'd be surprised. The car may not be what they are after, but it's a great starting place to steal a lot of other stuff, including your identity. People can do a lot of damage to a person's credit worthiness. I wouldn't want to take the chance. Just me.

VIN #.
If you have an E at the 7th position on the VIN, then you have an LFP battery. If it's L, then you have the normal battery.
Is that true?

According to: Tesla vehicle VIN number Decoder

• Digit 7:Type of drive train
    • E = Lithium Ion Battery – Electric (NMC)
    • F = Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery (LFP)
    • H = Lithium Ion Battery- High Capacity (NMC)
    • S = Lithium Ion Battery – Standard (NMC)
    • V = Lithium Ion Battery – Ultra High Capacity (NMC)
E would be normal and F would be LFP.

I have an E - June 2021 which was a few weeks before LFP was announced.