Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picked Up My Red MY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Will update later this evening but just wanted to let people know that the car is pretty flawless. There are minor paint issues that they have agreed to fix and the interior was kinda dirty so they’re pulling it around back to get detailed for me but I am over the moon! When I checked in for my touch less hand off they let me inside to inspect everything without me having to ask. This was even prior to me accepting my loan through the app. Buena Park Tesla’s team has been A+

My Cars bday is June 23rd. Vin in the 2300s.

I went to pick mine up on Thursday in Cleveland, OH. I rejected the car, headliner issues, stains on the white dashboard, scuffing on the trim around wheel wells. Completely unacceptable for a $57k car in my opinion and I wanted to send a message. Apparently this is better than they have been coming in but still totally unacceptable. At least have the doors and fenders matching up and the inside clean. Not too difficult if you ask me. But again it was in much better condition than the charging doors that wouldn't open, hatches that wouldn't latch, etc.

C2F8CE6A-109D-4422-B357-B4A7D71BC8A9.jpeg
BE2DC235-AF56-4414-A096-025452F72BE3.jpeg
DA1413A1-9348-44CF-AB30-D21AAFBE4D10.jpeg
648D5D36-DF51-4D2C-B8EA-F3C26CECE6FC.jpeg

Not my the best pics yet it’s been a long day. I’ll take better ones later. It was a blast to drive home. Super comfy passenger seat and it is super quiet. I am very happy with the car. The paint issues are with the bumper and under the hood. Hood had been adjusted so near the hinges it was unpainted. The bumper looks like it had once been pushed in too far?! Or something and the paint is messed up in the corner. Bumper is slightly pushed under fender and needs to be popped out. The sales guy told us they will most likely just replace the bumper as it is faster and to send my pics over and make an appointment today.
44153DE1-DD04-459F-A7AF-4E91C16A9B0E.jpeg
C047DFEE-0B61-4E00-81A3-62F62112EA17.jpeg
7203B1D8-C841-4255-85AC-34F2D497CC90.jpeg
BBBFEE3E-A369-43F9-A455-DBB8636F1DC8.jpeg

I went to pick mine up on Thursday in Cleveland, OH. I rejected the car, headliner issues, stains on the white dashboard, scuffing on the trim around wheel wells. Completely unacceptable for a $57k car in my opinion and I wanted to send a message. Apparently this is better than they have been coming in but still totally unacceptable. At least have the doors and fenders matching up and the inside clean. Not too difficult if you ask me. But again it was in much better condition than the charging doors that wouldn't open, hatches that wouldn't latch, etc.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I went thru the checklist ppl have posted in here and found no issues with latches, seats folding or really anything. I hope your new vin match goes better. I wasn’t too worried about the headliner as I knew that I would be replacing it with Alcantara next week but was happy to find it wasn’t yucked up with finger prints or stains.

Also while at the Buena Park delivery center I looked over some other MYs parked and only one blue one had a stand out issue with the side view mirror popped out. I looked over the white ones and the paint and panels looked good here is a pic of one. I hope this alleviates some worry for people who have yet to pick up theirs, remember mine was built prior to end of quarter push and was still great.

Attachments

• 67E801EC-7E5F-446A-8627-1E94A6ABD585.jpeg
    67E801EC-7E5F-446A-8627-1E94A6ABD585.jpeg
    358.4 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: slamper
Will update later this evening but just wanted to let people know that the car is pretty flawless. There are minor paint issues that they have agreed to fix and the interior was kinda dirty so they’re pulling it around back to get detailed for me but I am over the moon! When I checked in for my touch less hand off they let me inside to inspect everything without me having to ask. This was even prior to me accepting my loan through the app. Buena Park Tesla’s team has been A+

Congrats! I get mine in four days...can't wait.

Black or white interior?

Thanks for the pic of the white MY in the parking lot. Look at where the front door ends into the front of the rear door. To me, those doors looks like a different shade of white.
Still debating changing colors unless I start seeing well painted white cars.
It’s just the lighting in the picture. I looked at all the white model Y and funny thing is only a Model 3 there had one mid matched white door. She still accepted it!?

Reactions: slamper