Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up car tomorrow and unsure...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi there. I ordered 10/27/2021 a MYLR7 white/black, no tow, no FSD, 20 inch wheels from Socal. I have been refreshing all day with my usual EDD being April 23-May 21. All of a sudden around 3pm it had a VIN!!! I couldn't believe it and got a call a few minutes later to schedule delivery for tomorrow morning! I have an appt at 10am. I have the checklist saved but am unsure what to be checking for current updates. What is the new computer called, and is there anything else to look for? I'm shocked beyond belief. Feel bad for the people who are still waiting as there seems to be no rational reason for my jump in EDD.
Thanks in advance for your help!!

Reactions: DerbyCityY
Hi there. I ordered 10/27/2021 a MYLR7 white/black, no tow, no FSD, 20 inch wheels from Socal. I have been refreshing all day with my usual EDD being April 23-May 21. All of a sudden around 3pm it had a VIN!!! I couldn't believe it and got a call a few minutes later to schedule delivery for tomorrow morning! I have an appt at 10am. I have the checklist saved but am unsure what to be checking for current updates. What is the new computer called, and is there anything else to look for? I'm shocked beyond belief. Feel bad for the people who are still waiting as there seems to be no rational reason for my jump in EDD.
Take your time with the inspection for fit and finish (We had no problems) Ask lot's of questions about settings. Check under the rear and front hatches and how to open and close them. Make sure your charging cords are in place and how to charge. Have a blast! You are off to an amazing adventure. After 3+ years of ownership we are still learning things

Some folks always want to rain on other folks parades. It’s very unlikely it got rejected by someone else.
Seriously, its kinda annoying.

The VIN alone indicates the car was made less than a couple weeks ago. Its the EOQ delivery push, they’re obviously going to be pushing as many cars as they can. This happens at the end of every quarter and people act surprised like its some conspiracy by tesla or something.

Enjoy your car dude, I’m sure it’ll be fine. The majority of people here who have taken the delivery have reported few to no issues.

Even if it was rejected, not necessarily due to a bad thing. It could’ve been rejected because the they were vacation. The fact that it is still on the truck would mean if it was rejected it was not for an issue with the car. Congratulations
Correct. Some people are still rejecting cars in hopes of getting a Austin 4680 Model Y. I think they'll be waiting for a long time to get a comparable Model Y because I have a feeling Tesla will push out the standard range+ model Y's for some time first. Only time will tell.

Reactions: xyeahtony
Congrats!