Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picking up P3D+ in two weeks and it's suppose to snow, what should I do?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the staggered set up, would you recommend Michelin A/S 3+ 235 and 245 in the rear or the DWS 06 245 and 255 in the rear?

The only reason to do a staggered set up on the Model 3 is you think cosmetically it looks better.

Square setup has better (neutral) handling and in the case of dual motor variations allows good application of power at larger contact patches front and rear.

Staggered setups have traditionally existed for rear wheel drive cars that need the largest contact patches they can get within reason to reduce wheel slip on hard launches.

The only reason to do a staggered set up on the Model 3 is you think cosmetically it looks better.

Square setup has better (neutral) handling and in the case of dual motor variations allows good application of power at larger contact patches front and rear.

Staggered setups have traditionally existed for rear wheel drive cars that need the largest contact patches they can get within reason to reduce wheel slip on hard launches.
On the model x 100D, the staggered set up comes from factory. Why would that not be of any benefit on a performance model car?

On the model x 100D, the staggered set up comes from factory. Why would that not be of any benefit on a performance model car?

I'm just giving you facts. Square setups provide neutral handling which is why race cars have square setups.

Tesla could have chosen staggered setup for P3D but they didn't. Why did they do it for the P100DX? Possibly that for the P100D with ludicrous they needed a larger contact patch in the rear. They also could have chosen staggered setup for cosmetic reasons, which anymore is the primary reason it is done, to give the car a more aggressive look.

It causes the car to understeer. Most staggered setups are for appearance and perceived but not existent performance benefits.
People who autocross and track their cars often go to a square setup even on RWD cars.

It causes the car to understeer. Most staggered setups are for appearance and perceived but not existent performance benefits.
People who autocross and track their cars often go to a square setup even on RWD cars.
Thank you for that. What is your take on the Continental DWS 06 vs Michelin A/S 3+? The width runs a little bigger on the DWS 06 but they have a better wear warranty.

Thank you for that. What is your take on the Continental DWS 06 vs Michelin A/S 3+? The width runs a little bigger on the DWS 06 but they have a better wear warranty.
I run PS4S and I love them. Everyone seems to have good things to say about the Michelin A/S 3+. Tirerack.com reviews most popular tires and I think they are the highest rate all seasons.

Reactions: Sappy02
What did you do with the summer tires? Did you try selling them or do you plan swapping them back in when summer rolls back around?

That's a good question. I still haven't decided what I want to do with them because I'm pretty comfortable and cozy with the A/S 3+ to the point that I don't think I'd need to put the stock tires for summer. I thought about selling them but I wouldn't even know where to begin, where to post to, and how I would even ship them or calculate the shipping cost. I'd be open to sell them though.