Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

pics of uberturbines on long range Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wish I had the lower suspension like the performance but overall happy.
ACAFFB59-40CE-49E5-9668-DC2973BBA9C5.jpeg

The ride quality isn’t bad if you lower to like 38-40 psi. I think I only lost like 8-10 miles when switching from 20” to 21” per the computer.

Because the tires are so slim, I am running the psi around 45. All this because I like how the Uberturbines looks. I drive more efficiently because I am paranoid about potholes and big bumps. When I had my 20”, I just drive. So you can say the 21” is more efficient to me because I don’t drive with a heavy foot anymore. I have two babies in the car so I can’t really just gun it anymore.

I don’t know if the pros outweigh the cons having the 21s vs 20s or 19s.

The ride quality isn’t bad if you lower to like 38-40 psi. I think I only lost like 8-10 miles when switching from 20” to 21” per the computer.

Because the tires are so slim, I am running the psi around 45. All this because I like how the Uberturbines looks. I drive more efficiently because I am paranoid about potholes and big bumps. When I had my 20”, I just drive. So you can say the 21” is more efficient to me because I don’t drive with a heavy foot anymore. I have two babies in the car so I can’t really just gun it anymore.

I don’t know if the pros outweigh the cons having the 21s vs 20s or 19s.
Can't argue with how the Uberturbines look. :D You have me there. I wish an aftermarket forged/flow formed version was available. Cuz I know these weigh-in at like 60+ lbs per wheel/tire.

Any other Non-Performance MY LR who have 21' Uberturbines with pics to post? I actually like this look. Would love any other feedback from those who have done this.

I don't have pics to post but I should be receiving my MYP soon and will be instantly taking off my 21 Uberturbine wheels and swapping to 19s if you're interested in them. I'm on SoCal too.

Reactions: reefer_bob
Can't argue with how the Uberturbines look. :D You have me there. I wish an aftermarket forged/flow formed version was available. Cuz I know these weigh-in at like 60+ lbs per wheel/tire.
Tsportline TSV wheels look pretty similar and are flow forged. They don't weigh a heck of a lot less though. It doesn't look like they have 21" versions at the moment. Their 20" weighs 35lbs vs. the Uberturbine 21" weighing in at 38-39lbs. They also offer 19" in this style if you like the look but want more sidewall.

Cuz I know these weigh-in at like 60+ lbs per wheel/tire.

I weighed my Uberturbines this past weekend when I pulled them off of my car right after taking delivery, along with my T Sportline TS5 wheels & 265/35-21 tires that I put onto my car. I didn't bother driving my car with the Uberturbines on it, so I can't tell you if there's a difference in handling, braking, or accelerating

66 lbs - Front Uberturbine 21x9.5 wheel w/ Pirelli PZero 255/35-21
70 lbs - Rear Uberturbine 21x10.5 wheel w/ Pirelli PZero 275/35-21
57 lbs - T Sportline 21x9.5 wheel w/ Toyo Proxies Sport A/S 265/35-21

How long have you had your on for? Has your rated range changed at all? I have about two weeks with them, changed wheel configuration for car, but my 100% still shows same as when I had the inductions (331 miles).
You might want to check if it took the change properly? And maybe a reboot too?

I played around with changing the setting a while back and it rebooted on its own every time and also changed the range when going to uberturbines.

It has been a while, so its possible they've introduced some bug since then though.