Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pics of white Y with and without Gemini covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5666.jpg
IMG_5672.jpg

Maybe I need to see it in person but I think it looks better with the gemini covers - they've come a long way from the fugly aero covers on the Model 3. Looks good without the covers as well. Would have been nice if they weren't silver considering they got rid of the chrome trim.

I agree. Back in '17, I had those aero covers off of my 3 twenty minutes after getting the car home.

Maybe I need to see it in person but I think it looks better with the gemini covers - they've come a long way from the fugly aero covers on the Model 3. Looks good without the covers as well. Would have been nice if they weren't silver considering they got rid of the chrome trim.
Yes, if they were powder coated or anodized black, they would look great with the black trim.

Frankly, the aero covers on the Model 3 have really grown on me over time: clean design, huge +impact on range, and they make wheel repairs from curb rash almost disappear. What's not to like?
They are a strange color and don't look good. I took them off as soon as I got my 3 home. I had bought the cap kit several months earlier. I simply don't like how they look.

Actually I like a dark gray cap (Tesla OEM for Model 3) better than silver. I surveyed many other brands, like Mercedes and VW, many of them use contrast center cap and looks more luxurious. This image was posted in another thread, but I don't know how to put a link yet.

View attachment 547915

Good idea.
I will try this, and put Gray center cap to match MSM body when I get hold of these Geminis for MYPUP.

Are the Gemini wheel covers supposed to give you more range like the Aero covers on the M3? I never really believed the supposed 10% increase they were reported as adding and never saw any data confirming it. The Geminis look more conventional, so I'm curious of their effect on range.

Are the Gemini wheel covers supposed to give you more range like the Aero covers on the M3? I never really believed the supposed 10% increase they were reported as adding and never saw any data confirming it. The Geminis look more conventional, so I'm curious of their effect on range.
I'm sure they are more aerodynamic. I'm not sure if you still see it but I remember watching a lot of triathlons and the tour de france years ago and they all had disc covers on their rear bicycle wheels, so it must confer some type of aerodynamic benefit.

I hate to say it, but it actually looks pretty good w/the stock wheel covers.

It would be interesting to see the covers off and the wheels painted black....

This morning...I had an idea to just take the covers off...and plastidip the covers themselves and see how it looks, instead of doing the wheels without the covers. Would be WAY easier to plastidip just the covers. Won't take me long...I'll do one and see how it looks.