Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Picture request: Any Model S with a nice wheels/rims set up?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here's my wrapped Anthracite 3m, tinted rear crystaline 40, sides 70, with tirerack custom grey painted 20" Motegi MR126View attachment 25483View attachment 25484 wheels. I would say to try and find wider rear rims. Mine are 8.5" all around. I'm eating tires and would like more traction. I have Michelin super sports 255/40/20. Close to half life with 4500 miles on them.

Nice setup. I saw those MR126's on tirerack and thought they looked decent, also very lightweight for a 20" wheel. I didn't like the silver/chrome accents on them so great call on powdercoating them.

Have you noticed the tires rubbing in the front at all? My michelin pilot pa3's in 255/45/19 tend to rub a little bit.

On more note. As I understand it wider tires only get you more traction for cornering. What tire pressure are you running at? Reducing pressure a little will also get you more traction.

tsportline-project-rosso-1.jpg
this owner claims this is the first set ever of TS117 in Brush Satin finish | 21x90 21x95.

Thanks for the compliment!
They are 20x8.5 front, and 20x10 rears with 35mm offset. 275's on rear and 245's on front. No smoked lights. Tint but all stock
Cheers!
John
@John: nice set up. 21"? it looks 22s. also did you get your tailight smoked?

I saw this clip from Vossen with concave rims. very nice. I'm not sure if it's wrap or customized pain. check it out.

Last edited by a moderator: