Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of Model 3s with 18" wheels without aero covers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is anyone else here as surprised as much as I am about how few de-aero'd 18" wheel photos exist?? I'm trying to finalize my color choice, but I could really use some help seeing what my car would actually look like. While I love the look of the sport 19" wheels, I am choosing 18" for other considerations (ride compliance, initial and replacement costs, etc). While I am mostly considering midnight silver, red and blue, I would really appreciate any and all photos of the Model 3 with 18" wheels without the covers in all vehicle colors!

Reactions: GSP
Midnight Sliver:

67mGCgo.jpg

@ölbrenner, thanks for your replies. Here are a couple comments. First, the original thread that you linked, didn't have many replies and only had the links you've provided (thanks). Funny, I did participate in that thread and my comment then was that I was surprised at how few photos there were! There are literally hundreds of photos in the google album and finding the pictures I'm looking for (18" without covers) is like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack, so this thread will be helpful to get these photos together to look all at once. Second, your last summary pic is actually photoshopped and not the best representation of the final product, which is why I'm looking for original photos. I will pull some of the photos from the google photos link you provided and add them here. I'm also looking forward to new ones.

Thanks

@ölbrenner, thanks for your replies. Here are a couple comments. First, the original thread that you linked, didn't have many replies and only had the links you've provided (thanks). Funny, I did participate in that thread and my comment then was that I was surprised at how few photos there were! There are literally hundreds of photos in the google album and finding the pictures I'm looking for (18" without covers) is like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack, so this thread will be helpful to get these photos together to look all at once. Second, your last summary pic is actually photoshopped and not the best representation of the final product, which is why I'm looking for original photos. I will pull some of the photos from the google photos link you provided and add them here. I'm also looking forward to new ones.

Thanks
Indeed.

You did reply how few photos there were at that thread, to which I pointed out there were over 40 there already (don't know what your expectation was, given there are relatively few M3's out there in the wild, and then specifically with the aero covers removed).

Needle in a haystack? Took me less than 10 minutes to find and count the 53 that are there now.

As I stated, the one link I posted was a summary pic (sorry it was not helpful, sure gave me a good idea of what looked best on what exterior color). Also, 52 actual non-photoshopped original pics remain.

Alas, I also look forward to new aero cover removed pics. I think mine will be silver :) .

Thanks for bringing these images into a new thread. I got a similar tongue-lashing a few weeks ago for asking the same question. The info overload and lack of indexing that's just part of the reality of the internet (and forums) seems to be lost on some folks. If you happen to come across a 'real' photo of a silver metallic with uncovered Aeros, please post that one as well. I'm currently planning to get a silver metallic LR PUP, but much like you...I don't like the look of the Aero covers. My hope is that I'll love the contrast of the darker Aero wheel set against the (fairly light) silver metallic paint. I'm pretty set on a silver car, and feel like the 19" wheels get "lost" against that body paint color. So silver metallic paint, plus uncovered Aero wheels (with the Tesla hub cover and lug nut covers from the local Tesla store) is my plan. Like you, I'd love to see a bunch of them before clicking 'buy' though.