Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back on topic ... here are few more photos of the Model 3 from the launch event :cool:

IMG_6934.JPG
IMG_6931.JPG
IMG_6932.JPG
IMG_6947.JPG
IMG_6942.JPG
IMG_6945.JPG

Ha yes. Totally forgot to mention that from the Dutch forums. Employees in the Netherlands were quite openly sharing the last weeks that they already had a model 3 over. Nice to have picture confirmation. Still, it's not a customer car so we're correct in not counting it in the overview.

Employees, not a customer.

They must not make their cars in a numerical VIN sequence. VIN 141...... has been spotted/photoed for a while now.
It's well known that they don't. And as your own delivery draws near it will cause much anguish as you see forum members with VINs (sometimes considerably) higher than yours get delivered (sometimes a month or longer) earlier than you. VINs are assigned sequentially (and usually in batches) shortly after you confirm your order, but then production is scheduled in batches, pulling in vehicles with similar characteristics (including but not limited to drivetrain, paint color, wheels, interior options, destination, or the whim of someone at Tesla that just wants to laugh at the forums' consternation over ordering). We're still early in Model 3 ramp so being off by 100 is no big deal. I have a relatively early Model X (6714), and VINs as high as upper 8000s to 9000s got delivered a few weeks before me. My guess is the delay for me (even though I had mostly "good" options for quick delivery) is my relative closeness to the factory, so I was easy to slot in and deliver it a few days after production at the end of a quarter, keeping their "cars in transit" quarterly number low.

Don't know if this was posted here but ...

i saw that video posted on facebook by an employee that took delivery. he was great, answered people's questions (his VIN is 177). so unless he was blatantly violating an NDA, which I doubt, there is no NDA for employees taking delivery of the 3, just haven't been delivered to enough folks yet that would post on social media.

i saw that video posted on facebook by an employee that took delivery. he was great, answered people's questions (his VIN is 177). so unless he was blatantly violating an NDA, which I doubt, there is no NDA for employees taking delivery of the 3, just haven't been delivered to enough folks yet that would post on social media.

I think that he might have just been burned at the stake by Tesla, trying to confirm this with Elon right now...

RT

Status
Not open for further replies.