Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some quick shots at Tesla HQ in PA -- VIN 173
Ooooooooooooooh
t2604.gif
so close to seeing what the solid roof looks like and the standard interior.

base car = 35,000
long range battery = 9.000
paint = 1,000
del/doc = 1,000

total = 46,000

That's certainly a possibility, though it doesn't really seem like a parking situation where one would bother to fold the mirrors. Maybe the "power-folding" aspect is standard, and the "heated" aspect is part of the PUP?

Seems plausible though I feel like the inverse is more logical from a cost and safety perspective, at least in my opinion.

Reactions: Bokonon
Hmmmm. The sticker clearly shows no PUP, but I really don't see how it could be a metal roof. The reflection of the clouds has ZERO break in it ALL the way up. Unless the metal roof has an invisible seam (nope), or the metal portion of the roof is like 12", then this photo appears to be one of a glass roof.

Hmmmm. The sticker clearly shows no PUP, but I really don't see how it could be a metal roof. The reflection of the clouds has ZERO break in it ALL the way up. Unless the metal roof has an invisible seam (nope), or the metal portion of the roof is like 12", then this photo appears to be one of a glass roof.
The rear glass extends almost to the b-pillar. There are three glass sections even in the glass roof version (rear, above the front passengers, and front windshield). The metal version would just replace the small middle section above the front passengers.
red_1.0.jpg

so does this mean that all employees that wanted LR + Premium have already ordered and received their car? That's only about 150 or so? Seems a little low.

I've been saying that I felt like the estimates on how many people would be actually buying vs making reservations was going to be a lot lower (I'm personally thinking that having the ~400k reservations before the July final reveal turn into even 200k orders seems wishful), but I have a hard time believing that they've already fulfilled all the LR-P demand within the company after only a couple hundred units (let's round to be conservative because of nonsequential production possibilities).

What I don't have is an explanation, though. This is obviously a true production vehicle and certainly seems not to have the Premium package, so maybe they decided to do a batch (or just one) of them to see how the changeover process went on the line? Maybe whoever received this one has enough pull to demand and receive the non-PUP? Maybe the process is just going better than they expected and they're uncorking the non-premium models sooner in general?

I've been saying that I felt like the estimates on how many people would be actually buying vs making reservations was going to be a lot lower (I'm personally thinking that having the ~400k reservations before the July final reveal turn into even 200k orders seems wishful), but I have a hard time believing that they've already fulfilled all the LR-P demand within the company after only a couple hundred units (let's round to be conservative because of nonsequential production possibilities).

How many employees did you think will order these expensive sedans? You can count out the low paid factory workers (6000 in Fremont factory alone) and low level mechanics/sales/other staff. Also count out employees outside CA and Reno.How many of them can charge at home vs. live in apartments/condos?
How many employees are in the market for a new electric car right now? Who will compensate them to get rid of their previous car if they aren't in the market? What percent of people buy sedan vs. CUV/SUV/pick up? How many of these stretched out buyers lease vs. buy? How many of the remaining want to buy exactly this car, a very specific BEV?

If you do all those calculations, 1-2% of Tesla+SpaceX employees BUYING an M3 within 3-6 month tops.

How many employees did you think will order these expensive sedans? You can count out the low paid factory workers (6000 in Fremont factory alone) and low level mechanics/sales/other staff. Also count out employees outside CA and Reno.How many of them can charge at home vs. live in apartments/condos?
How many employees are in the market for a new electric car right now? Who will compensate them to get rid of their previous car if they aren't in the market? What percent of people buy sedan vs. CUV/SUV/pick up? How many of these stretched out buyers lease vs. buy? How many of the remaining want to buy exactly this car, a very specific BEV?

If you do all those calculations, 1-2% of Tesla+SpaceX employees BUYING an M3 within 3-6 month tops.
Conceptually I agree with what you're saying, but we know (or think we know) that direct family members can also buy through the employees which dramatically increases the pool of potential buyers which is why I was expecting bigger numbers, especially with the allegations that ~10,000 reservations belonged to employees. But when I step back from it, you do raise good points.

In the end, I hope you're right and I hope my pessimism about order conversation rates is right, and the optimism about the ramp up is right, because I really want to take delivery in 2017 :D

Reactions: plankeye
Status
Not open for further replies.