Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure if this has been commented on before. I've noticed there is no labeling of the Model 3 on the back of any of the production car pictures. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No "Model 3", no specific configuration designation (70, 70D, etc... LR?) etc... Wondering if this will be the new norm, or just the first batches. I was curious to see how Tesla was going to designate the Model 3, since it seems they are moving away from the kWh designation. I was guessing they'd have

"Model 3 ........ LR" or "Model 3 .......... SR"

--or something like that.

Interesting.

Not sure if this has been commented on before. I've noticed there is no labeling of the Model 3 on the back of any of the production car pictures. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

No "Model 3", no specific configuration designation (70, 70D, etc... LR?) etc... Wondering if this will be the new norm, or just the first batches. I was curious to see how Tesla was going to designate the Model 3, since it seems they are moving away from the kWh designation. I was guessing they'd have

Interesting.
We Don't Need No Stinking Badges

Interesting.

Don't know why anyone would disagree with you? That is correct as Chewy3 points out, they are changing the badging...lots of reasons speculated including ability to software manage capacity, focus on range giving Tesla more flexibility in how to get to range, etc.

Employees paying full retail price for a beta car is hardly what I would call a good deal. They are paying their own hard earned money to help Elon work bugs and kinks out of his flagship vehicle. He makes billions while a lot of these folks have car payments. Just stupid.

I've worked for a few manufacturers and it's not uncommon for employees to be proud of the new product they're building. And to buy it.

Yeah, with an efficiency difference of near 40% at the extremes, using battery size as a moniker no longer makes sense. The Model 3 55 has more range than the original Model S 60. I do think a LR badge can make sense, or a AWD badge. But I guess it is only for showing off the car, as the owner would know and the ride sharer doesn’t care. I can see badging coming back for high performance models though.

Yeah, with an efficiency difference of near 40% at the extremes, using battery size as a moniker no longer makes sense. The Model 3 55 has more range than the original Model S 60. I do think a LR badge can make sense, or a AWD badge. But I guess it is only for showing off the car, as the owner would know and the ride sharer doesn’t care. I can see badging coming back for high performance models though.

Agree and observations: Euro cars in Europe are often model badgeless (though you can sometimes distinguish by wheels or trim elements) and the kids (I get to say that now being a grandad) sometimes remove badging from their cars. So no badging on the Model 3 perhaps not really surprising for all of these reasons.

Perhaps this has been discussed before, but was unable to locate it...

With the three options of
First Production
Standard Battery
and Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive

none of those, save the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive seem to offer options of Long Range or Standard battery. So when would we be able to order a car without PUP and LR battery? Same time the Dual motor becomes available?

• Disagree
Reactions: transpondster

First Production
Standard Battery

none of those, save the Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive seem to offer options of Long Range or Standard battery. So when would we be able to order a car without PUP and LR battery? Same time the Dual motor becomes available?
As I remember it will be possible to order a car without premium package about the same time as standard battery wish would be in October but I'm not sure. Dual motors won't come until next year.

First Production
Standard Battery

That would be the second option: "Standard Battery". Which they say will be available this Fall. (October time frame.)

• Disagree
Reactions: transpondster
As I remember it will be possible to order a car without premium package about the same time as standard battery wish would be in October but I'm not sure. Dual motors won't come until next year.

That would be the second option: "Standard Battery". Which they say will be available this Fall. (October time frame.)

Thanks for the responses. The production image of a LR without PUP is exactly what I am looking for.

Reserved August 2016 and an East coast resident, so trying to squeeze my Model 3 into the full tax credit, which based purely on estimator output, the First Production is in that range. However the one with battery options and no PUP falls on the 2nd to 3rd quarter divide. Hopefully there is at least some Model S/X cannibalism of reservation holders or drop outs/unable to secure finances in front of me to safely secure a second quarter delivery next year.

Keep the images coming West Coast members, nice to see the production that is occurring while the company remains silent on numbers.

Here's a picture

81.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.