Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my BMW, my use active cruise control quite a bit. I have noticed that doing this has required brake pad replacements quite early compared to earlier vehicles. Even the service technician noted this as being odd. Is this also true of the Tesla autopilot? if used > 80% of the time, would it wear out the pads even faster than otherwise normally for Tesla?

Regardless, can't wait to get my 3.. east coast 1st time buyer here and totally excited!

In my BMW, my use active cruise control quite a bit. I have noticed that doing this has required brake pad replacements quite early compared to earlier vehicles. Even the service technician noted this as being odd. Is this also true of the Tesla autopilot? if used > 80% of the time, would it wear out the pads even faster than otherwise normally for Tesla?

Regardless, can't wait to get my 3.. east coast 1st time buyer here and totally excited!

Should not use any brake pads at all, just regenerative braking.

I prefer the view of the front but unfortunately it wouldn't be safe for me to take pictures that way.
From the vantage point of the roadster (low to the ground), it looks like a squished X in the rear ;)
Model 3's sculpted lines has a high number of personalities depending on which direction you look at it from. I wonder if that optical set of illusions was cast into it on purpose. They look nice!

• Love
Reactions: Skryll

Been using AP1 on my Model S (New Oct 2015) since Jan 2016. Original pads, 25-26k miles.

Should not use any brake pads at all, just regenerative braking.
Eh, not exactly... TACC can't see very far ahead so it ends up using the friction brakes quite a bit more than an attentive driver would (the key to maximizing regenerative braking is being attentive and driving predictively rather than reactively). TACC's braking behavior has improved significantly over the past couple years, but it's still not perfect.

Looks like it covered 300 ft in 3ish seconds
upload_2017-10-17_23-47-36.png

upload_2017-10-17_23-48-17.png

upload_2017-10-17_23-50-20.png

- I got the aero rims. I took a round trip to LA from SD without recharging and still have 80+ miles.

Q: Do you have any problems without a hud and everything on just one large screen?

-I don't have any problem with everything on one screen and missing the HUD. We have put ~1900 miles on it already and don't miss the HUD at all.
Q:How’s the stereo? The bass any good?

- it sounds pretty good to me. It does come with a subwoofer, however, no sound adjustments yet.

- You won’t be disappointed when you get yours. The car is very fun to drive and handling is very good. We love ours. Hope you get called sooner.

Last edited:
Reactions: hobbes
Status
Not open for further replies.