Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of production Model 3s

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
VIN 1532 delivered a couple of days ago in VA
VIN #1532 was delivered to a VA employee a couple of days ago • r/teslamotors
f2q97y1unh401.jpg

Actually, this is good. We all know we will not wash the car by hand every other day, so a lot of them will end up looking like that.
Red is fantastic when clean and waxed and whatnot. But it is important to remember that you will let your car get dirty. Especially in winter in the Northeast... ;-)

I agree. I love red when shiny and clean, but not so much when it’s dirty which is most of the winter here in Boston. That’s probably what will push me to blue in the end - I think the blue holds up better when dirty.

I never thought I'd be able to contribute to this post, or ever actually see a Model 3 in person anytime soon...After all, I'm all the way on the East Coast, and about 40 mins away from the closest Service Center (Dedham, MA). But reading about how there's been a few sightings at the Dedham store, I figured I'd swing by, since I was planning on doing some shopping up there. I had Friday off from work, got a head start on some shopping, and by the time I got to the store, it was about 3:30pm or so. Sure enough, there were some Model 3's !! I spotted the first one just behind the gates on the side of the building. Figured no one was looking, so I snuck back there, took a few pics of this first one, then as I went around back, I spotted 2 more. There was an employee showing the red Model 3 to someone, so I asked him if it was OK if I took a look around, and he said it was fine.

I can't even explain how super-excited I was to finally see a Model 3 in person. After all, it was this exact location nearly 2 years ago, that I waited in line to put my deposit down on Day 1. And, although the cars were quite dirty, it was starting to snow, and the lighting/conditions were pretty horrible (cloudy), they still looked amazing. Again, although tough to believe despite so many people saying so, they really do look SO much better in person than in pics.

They're the same ones a few others have posted up above, but why not get a few more pics. They were VIN's 1365, 1147, and 576. Here are the pics:
[
12-15-2017 - Model 3 - Dedham - Paul 001.jpg
12-15-2017 - Model 3 - Dedham - Paul 002.jpg
12-15-2017 - Model 3 - Dedham - Paul 003.jpg
12-15-2017 - Model 3 - Dedham - Paul 004.jpg
12-15-2017 - Model 3 - Dedham - Paul 006.jpg
12-15-2017 - Model 3 - Dedham - Paul 007.jpg
12-15-2017 - Model 3 - Dedham - Paul 008.jpg

!vinbot Model 3 #576 #1147 #1365

-- Cintoman

what a view!

Ramp Baby Ramp!
Ramp Baby Ramp! • r/teslamotors

Interesting that the amount of cars are increasing. Either the production rate is that high that they can't catch up with delivering and buffer at the lot or they store for unknown reasons maybe for a bigger delivery event.

And another one from the other lot, Drone Photo at 2:36:

I count about 150 in that Video and the lot is packed. They may look for new places to park them now...

Look carefully at the satellite images of the south lot (source: Building Tesla - Gigafactory 1 ). From Dec. 11 to Dec. 14 the lot is being fill at a rate of about 4 columns per day. Assuming that each column has 22 cars and that 95% of them are 3's, the daily production rate is 83 and weekly 83 x 5 = 415. Two more weeks left to ramp up to 1000+ per week!

Attachments

• 11-12-2017.png
    11-12-2017.png
    528.3 KB · Views: 86
  • 12-12-2017.png
    12-12-2017.png
    594 KB · Views: 85
  • 13-12-2017.png
    13-12-2017.png
    588.7 KB · Views: 87
  • 14-12-2017.png
    14-12-2017.png
    578 KB · Views: 78
Look carefully at the satellite images of the south lot (source: Building Tesla - Gigafactory 1 ). From Dec. 11 to Dec. 14 the lot is being fill at a rate of about 4 columns per day. Assuming that each column has 22 cars and that 95% of them are 3's, the daily production rate is 83 and weekly 83 x 5 = 415. Two more weeks left to ramp up to 1000+ per week!
Sorry to disappoint but each column is 12 cars long - I counted them in person. The good news is that is not the only place new Model 3's can go, so it doesn't mean the production is only half of what you calculated.

Sorry to disappoint but each column is 12 cars long - I counted them in person. The good news is that is not the only place new Model 3's can go, so it doesn't mean the production is only half of what you calculated.
We also don't know the rate at which some of those cars are being removed from the lot. No reason to assume cars are only flowing in. So, the rate at which new cars are being added could be better than it seems.

Reactions: GregRF and avoigt
I went back to the Raleigh NC service center yesterday to show my wife the car, they were under wraps. I am surprised that two new cars show up and don't get delivered. What gives?

Perhaps all those cars sitting in lots are really missing something and cant be sent our until another bottleneck gets fixed? If so, great that the factory is running but it has me concerned.

Numbers above notwithstanding, pretty good Cuban Missile Crisis photo analysis!

I went back to the Raleigh NC service center yesterday to show my wife the car, they were under wraps. I am surprised that two new cars show up and don't get delivered. What gives?

Perhaps all those cars sitting in lots are really missing something and cant be sent our until another bottleneck gets fixed? If so, great that the factory is running but it has me concerned.

Your comment is really more suited for the investors thread. Nonetheless, I don't think you'd be seeing VINs in the mid 2000's being delivered if there were a bottleneck like you speak of. Also, why would they even ship the cars to the SC? And, if you say they will make the repair at the SC, then why aren't all the other cars being shipped?

Reactions: Sweet OJ
Your comment is really more suited for the investors thread. Nonetheless, I don't think you'd be seeing VINs in the mid 2000's being delivered if there were a bottleneck like you speak of. Also, why would they even ship the cars to the SC? And, if you say they will make the repair at the SC, then why aren't all the other cars being shipped?
Agreed, shipping undrivable cars to SC is probably one of the more stupid things that anyone could do, where there are less trained staff and resource to handle repair/retrofit. And you end up paying more for shipping parts separately from the car. I don't see what is gained. If they need space to park 1000s of cars, I'm sure there are simpler/cheaper solutions than shipping them cross country in an undrivable state.

Reactions: UZJedi
Status
Not open for further replies.