Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of slipstreams plastidipped

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plastidip on 20" Slipstreams. 2 years and 13,000 miles later still holding up well. 20190407_232636.jpg

I paid $700 CAD for all four (powder coated satin black), which is about $490 USD and I am sure I could have gotten them done less expensive if I really searched around but I had a guy that came recommended so I went for it, but I am surprised at your US pricing, because typically you can find things cheaper south of the border.

Personally I'd avoid plastidip. Works great initially but after about 6 months areas begin to peel, especially if you need to have tires changed and it is very difficult to get off. I had them on my HRE P40's and it was impossible to remove so I had to send the wheels back to HRE to get professionally refinished.

A lot of people will claim you just need more coats to make it easier to remove but I applied 5 coats and it didn't help.

I paid $700 CAD for all four (powder coated satin black), which is about $490 USD and I am sure I could have gotten them done less expensive if I really searched around but I had a guy that came recommended so I went for it, but I am surprised at your US pricing, because typically you can find things cheaper south of the border.
Do you have some high res close up pics of your wheels that you can share here please? Thanks.

And if they ask what car lol
Lie. Tell them it's for a Chevy. The make of car shouldn't have anything to do with their quote. Aside from size and number of pieces, a wheel is a wheel. If your powdercoater is insisting on knowing what kind of car it's for, find another place because they're quoting you the person-with-an-expensive-car price.