Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tire Rotation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 2023 Tesla S, 21" Arachnid Wheels. 2800 miles. Goodyear All Season Tires.

Can anyone tell me:

1) when I should have the tires rotated?
2) do I take it to Tesla or will they come to my home?

Anything else I need to know?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, there is an option to rotate. You can rotate your tires by flipping them on their rims. This is possible because your Goodyear's do not have an inside/outside, like the Plaid tires.

It's not as easy, or as inexpensive, as a normal rotation, but very worth it if the inner treads are wearing much faster than the outer treads, which is a common problem.

Since the rotation requires a tire shop to remount the tires, I would not do the rotation based on miles, but on visible signs of uneven wear. I would take it to a trusted tire shop, not Tesla.

Last edited:
Rotating is the least of your concerns with 21" Arachnids. First thing you need to do is take care of the too much negative camber in the rear. Your tires will be gone before you know it with excessive inside wear. A simple solution is the Macsboost camber adjustment kit. Just google it.

A little bit of time to install and about $200 in parts, and you'll greatly extend the life of your rear 21" tires. My first set was gone in 5k miles. They can blow out with no warning. There is a super long thread here about it. Time to catch it now before you drop over a grand on a set of new rear tires.

Reactions: ginmqi
Every tire manufacturer recommends tires be routinely rotated. Take you car to a good shop, such as Discount Tire, and talk it over with them to see what your options are.
These staggered set ups don’t need to be rotated, even tire shops have told me this. I got good life out of mine and they wore evenly and perfectly and I didn’t rotate on my last set.

Costco beat discount tire by $100 a tire too ;)

These staggered set ups don’t need to be rotated, even tire shops have told me this. I got good life out of mine and they wore evenly and perfectly and I didn’t rotate on my last set.

Costco beat discount tire by $100 a tire too ;)
Rotations are good practice. May or may not make a significant difference, but in most cases will be beneficial. As others have mentioned, if the tire is NOT DIRECTIONAL, rotate them left/right at the manufacturer's recommended interval to ensure even wear. If my tires were directional then I would not go through the effort/expense of flipping the tire on a wheel, but otherwise, I'm rotating.

Reactions: Discount Tire