Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures of the mud flaps you installed.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
3.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy Cheung
If posting photos, please add where rhe mud flaps were purchased. I see the OP’s are not OEM. But while they look good, nobody can tell if they’re a cheap Amazon knockoff or something quality from RPM Tesla or Abstract Ocean.

I don't have a pic of mine at the moment as my Y is in the shop getting tint and PPF but these are the ones I got from Amazon.

They do require removing and reinstalling one bolt on the underside. They are very sturdy and look like they came with the vehicle.
I've watched a ton of videos on different ones and one thing that stood out on these is the tire facing side is not concave and more flat so it won't accumulate dirt, etc.

Reactions: Charles415
I like the idea of showing the string! It gives you the pattern of throwing rocks onto the back door. Here is a picture of my model Y with Tesla OEM mudflaps and if you look closely you can see the paint protection film on my back door. No paint problems after 5000 miles. I had to paint protection film put on the back doors 8 miles after I got the car. And the nice thing about the OEM mudflaps is that they are flexible. You can pull out of the driveway that’s a little bit on the low side and they will rub but they flex enough not to cause any damage.

Attachments

• 81372C49-88B8-4ABA-996E-EE61DB43D95A.jpeg
    81372C49-88B8-4ABA-996E-EE61DB43D95A.jpeg
    678.5 KB · Views: 206
  • 9E7B4180-D47A-4B0A-93DA-AF03E30066D0.jpeg
    9E7B4180-D47A-4B0A-93DA-AF03E30066D0.jpeg
    418.8 KB · Views: 194
After reading many reviews I went with the OEM flaps and I'm very glad I did. The fit is excellent, and I like how low they are, which offers better protection. The material is high quality and flexible, and I like how they grab onto the fender skirt from the inside of the wheel well rather than the outside. Honestly I can't understand why people are buying anything else.

Reactions: Charles415
That’s my plan at this point, keeping the Tesla up front and Basenor in back. Have Tesla rear door PPF on order but it hasn’t shipped yet.
I tried to buy the Tesla rear PPF but it was sold out for a long time so I went with Abstract Ocean PPF (39.99) and it fits and looks great.

If you order these, don't forget to select the Model Y option as it defaults to Model 3 otherwise. Also, the application gel is easily made with baby shampoo and water so skip that.

Last edited:
I tried to buy the Tesla rear PPF but it was sold out for a long time so I went with Abstract Ocean PPF (39.99) and it fits and looks great.

If you order these, don't forget to select the Model Y option as it defaults to Model 3 otherwise. Also, the application gel is easily made with baby shampoo and water so skip that.
Any good photos of the PPF installed on your Y? It appears that the Abstract PPF doesn't go as high as the Tesla PPF, however the width seems to be wider.