Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Pictures, videos, and news from the Model S (pre-)event Oct 1, 2011

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if this one has been posted yet:

I noticed that the driver at the end said "So, we'll get you guys in the car to drive it early next year". It makes sense with the first public (Signature?) Model S is supposed to roll off the line in June or July, IIRC. Also, that was the first time I've heard the Model S horn.

Last edited:
I noticed that the driver at the end said "So, we'll get you guys in the car to drive it early next year". It makes sense with the first public (Signature?) Model S is supposed to roll off the line in June or July, IIRC. Also, that was the first time I've heard the Model S horn.

Most recent word I got was "late summer", but who knows at this point. I know the roadsters were late, and even the karmas are 6 months behind and counting, but I'm hoping tesla under promises

Looking back I am regretting not taking the weekend off to see Model S. This may very well turn out to be a historic weekend in automotive history. The Roadster forced many car manufacturers to get to the drawing board. Some have brought EV's and PHEV's, some only prototypes and concept cars. Model S will be the first desirable EV with a practical range. If Mercedes, BMW and likes don't hurry up with real EV's they will look very old, very soon. They have been promising (stalling) EV's for a long time and seem to have separation anxiety when it comes to the ICE. We live in interesting times indeed.

The weekend was a first in many respects; apart from it being the (real) launch of the stunning Model S, which other auto maker would have allowed customers in to see (never mind ride!) their Beta versions, letting customers get close up to their managers, designers and engineers, let us ask 100's of questions and take 1,000's of photos?

As some point in time it may well be seen to have been an historic weekend; of course it could also become part of a spectacular burn-out story but I don't think that will be the case.

As much as we got out of that weekend, I have a feeling they got so much more. They were able to poll their buying users, judge reactions etc. I wouldn't be surprised to see the RCs (if not Beta 3s) carry many of the changes people asked for and groaned about during and after this event.

Please post anyway. I'd like to the same ride from the front seat.

Okay, the view from the Front Seat:

And the view from the "other" Doug in the Back Seat:

Comments:

• Vantage point in the back was definitely better for video
  • The slalom had us sliding all over the seats - notice doug slides all the way to the door and back to the middle again
  • The guys in the back were giggling like school girls

Last edited by a moderator: