Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X LR 2020, have had change front axel 5 time now.
Have got the fix in.
Now if fell the vibration / Rumble, as motor is vibrating or something. Fell it more when driving up hill. Also when regen.

Tesla has forbinding me to write to them anymore about my car. Even though its only a little over 1 year old, and only have driving 18000 miles. They have told me to write to [email protected]

When superchargering the battery temp will get up to 60 degres celsius. Tesla says that is normal, and the car can handle this. I dont hear any colling or anything.

Sorry to say, but Tesla will run from this..

I reproduce the problem by drivning 42 mph and pushing down the gas pedal 1/4 of an inch to steadily increase speed. It’s mainly a vibration in the gas pedal but can be felt in the steering wheel. I would say it’s barely noticeable and could be mistaken by a rough road surface but once you know what to look for it’s annoying
It’s definitely not the tires.
I had my car in for service yesterday in CT after reporting this and the wind noise above 75mph. The technician was aware of the vibration and explained it was the transfer between the front motor and the axles (I’m now thinking LR shouldn’t have this issue?) . He had replaced the axles for one customer with this issue and said it “may have helped a little” but he was reluctant to do it on mine as it wasn’t the solution. He said engineers are aware of it and I should ask them in the future if they have a solution. He said it’ll probably come as a firmware update but they could also come with an updated of the parts that should go under warranty, he was probably just speculating that this “could happen”.
I took him for a ride to figure out the wind noise, there was a lot of traffic and a windy day so the noise wasn’t there constantly as I usually experience it. He did confirm that he heard it and suggested to putt tape (gaffers tape to start with) to cover the gap between front windshield and the solar roof. He sat in the back for the ride back and thought could locate a second noise from the back gap between the solar roof and the rear windshield. He gave me a roll of yellow tape for free and showed me where he’d try ( :D for a $140 000 car ) , as we were running short of time and I suggested I’d tinker with it to see if I can find a solution. I have nothing bad to say about the mechanic he’s doing his job with the “tools” he has and Tesla HQ has too much on his plate to focus on any of our “non issues”. I haven’t had time to do this yet but will report back.

I haven't had a whole lot of luck with Millford (if that's where you took it) in terms of identifying and fixing stuff :/ Out of interest, how many miles an hour does your solar roof regen? ;)
Ha :) my first post here , couldn't find the edit button after posting.
Yes, it was Milford. They did give me my missing trunk covers and floor mats and no charge so that's why I had a positive experience I guess :)

I reproduce the problem by drivning 42 mph and pushing down the gas pedal 1/4 of an inch to steadily increase speed. It’s mainly a vibration in the gas pedal but can be felt in the steering wheel. I would say it’s barely noticeable and could be mistaken by a rough road surface but once you know what to look for it’s annoying
I had my car in for service yesterday in CT after reporting this and the wind noise above 75mph. The technician was aware of the vibration and explained it was the transfer between the front motor and the axles (I’m now thinking LR shouldn’t have this issue?) . He had replaced the axles for one customer with this issue and said it “may have helped a little” but he was reluctant to do it on mine as it wasn’t the solution. He said engineers are aware of it and I should ask them in the future if they have a solution. He said it’ll probably come as a firmware update but they could also come with an updated of the parts that should go under warranty, he was probably just speculating that this “could happen”.
I took him for a ride to figure out the wind noise, there was a lot of traffic and a windy day so the noise wasn’t there constantly as I usually experience it. He did confirm that he heard it and suggested to putt tape (gaffers tape to start with) to cover the gap between front windshield and the solar roof. He sat in the back for the ride back and thought could locate a second noise from the back gap between the solar roof and the rear windshield. He gave me a roll of yellow tape for free and showed me where he’d try ( :D for a $140 000 car ) , as we were running short of time and I suggested I’d tinker with it to see if I can find a solution. I have nothing bad to say about the mechanic he’s doing his job with the “tools” he has and Tesla HQ has too much on his plate to focus on any of our “non issues”. I haven’t had time to do this yet but will report back.
I am that customer with the Plaid that was at Milford where they switched the axels.........made zero difference !!!!

• Informative
Reactions: theslimshadyist
NIce let me know if the tape helps. Could be the seal needs to be a bit stronger in the back.....If I had to choose I would definitely pick getting rid of the noise at 75+. Its super annoying

NIce let me know if the tape helps. Could be the seal needs to be a bit stronger in the back.....If I had to choose I would definitely pick getting rid of the noise at 75+. Its super annoying
I taped all gaps above ear level as I was certain it came from the top of the front windshield, but that wasn't it, so I tried around the passenger windows., mirrors, even windshield wipers, part of the hood and front lights and the T. Ran out of tape and noise still there unfortunately.
Apparently none of the places that the mechanic or I thought it was, will give it another try over the weekend.

• Informative
Reactions: Issaction
Can add my Plaid to the list. 19" Tempest wheels. I get the vibration 40-47 with mild acceleration. Also get it at 70-77MPH. Go 70-77, push down slightly on the accel and get a bad resonance and slight vibration. Service center verified vibrations in both MPH ranges. No resolution proposed. We will see.

• Informative
Reactions: Phlier
I taped all gaps above ear level as I was certain it came from the top of the front windshield, but that wasn't it, so I tried around the passenger windows., mirrors, even windshield wipers, part of the hood and front lights and the T. Ran out of tape and noise still there unfortunately.
Apparently none of the places that the mechanic or I thought it was, will give it another try over the weekend.
I have a feeling mine is coming through the piller. I'll try taping all the way down on the door to see if that solves. I'm also not entirely convinced its wind noise. I think it could be harmonics from tires or motor.

My first post, and my plaid with 21's has the vibration big time. Starts at 37mph and stops 48 mph but only when steadyor slight acceleration. What is bad is that we live and drive where almost all of the streets are 40 to 45 mph. We took the car in to the TSC and they noticed the vibration but had no answers. It seams as if the front motor is slightly out of sync with the rear motors. Tesla you have to fix this.... if anyone finds a fix PLEASE let me know.

Reactions: r3nd3r and smf72
Hate seeing and reading this. Mine comes in tomorrow. Love how you are forced to purchase with being able driving prior signing. Fingers crossed but I know I'll have the same vib as you guys. Looks like all of you are from FL as well lol

Hate seeing and reading this. Mine comes in tomorrow. Love how you are forced to purchase with being able driving prior signing. Fingers crossed but I know I'll have the same vib as you guys. Looks like all of you are from FL as well lo
Bad batch of plaids shipped to Florida! No really, seems like everyone has it. So we got that going for us.