Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Likely the only way is to never install a firmware version newer than 2023.43.

Given the details in the SB it doesn't really seem like it will be optional: (i.e. they won't be maintaining two different branches going forward; one with and one without the fix.)

View attachment 990140

View attachment 990141
They could just have a toggle in the UI.... K ind of like the toggle to turn FSDj on/off.... two branches not needed....

It's not, it's a "rear bias" as once displayed in Track mode (the slider is now longer labeled this way). Oh, head's up.... When I was "Patient Zero" for the Bellevue, WA SC, Central Engineering had the SC tech disable the from DU entirely and yet the vibration remained. I have that documented somewhere, but real how shocked I was when hearing and reading that at the time, so..........
I have to say, I don’t believe for a moment they actually disconnected the front motor and drove the car and reproduced the vibration. I just don’t. Never have, never will.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc and MP3Mike
Without reading 60+ pages, has anyone discussed the vibration that happens when first driving the car after being parked for a while? This vibration seems to disappear after a few minutes. My take is that the air suspension compressor recharges the air in the tank, and the compressor vibration is what you feel in the pedals and steering wheel. Thoughts?

Without reading 60+ pages, has anyone discussed the vibration that happens when first driving the car after being parked for a while? This vibration seems to disappear after a few minutes. My take is that the air suspension compressor recharges the air in the tank, and the compressor vibration is what you feel in the pedals and steering wheel. Thoughts?
That's a different vibration.

Reactions: DrComputer
No. That’s not going to be correct. If that were the case, it would affect all year refresh S/X. It does NOT affect 2021 refresh. Only 2022 and on. And as mentioned, that’s not the same vibration as discussed in this thread specifically.

This vibration seems to disappear after a few minutes. My take is that the air suspension compressor recharges the air in the tank, and the compressor vibration is what you feel in the pedals and steering wheel. Thoughts?
I have it, it dissapears more or less after 1-2km.
In my case, the vibration is coupled to the speed and if you stop there is no vibrations.

Does not seem to have much to do with the compressor. BTW, I never heard it yet. In a Audi with air susp it can be heard from the back of the car.