Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You stole my response. Yes, I rarely drive at night. I am retired and manage a personal farm. I have to be home before dark to board the livestock so they don't become a coyote buffet. It has happened... once. :(
Righto. Pay attention to outside temperature next time you're driving and it happens. It's possible what you're experiencing is beyond the norm. If it's easily repeatable, we can tell you what it is, probably, given many of us are familiar with the cold summer tire thing. If you have access to a set of all-seasons, it does make it easier to diagnose. If it goes away with those tires, then you know it's for sure normal.

Reactions: jebinc
If you go with any 19” wheel and tire, this affliction does not exist.
The coyotes don't attack my livestock if I use 19" wheels? 😄

I typically don't bother with summer/winter swaps. I have considered the Track Package (20" wheels), but I can think of better things to do with $20K. Plus, I can't see that the 20" setup would fill the wheel wells as fully as my 21" setup... smaller diameters on the 20" tires/wheels.

The coyotes don't attack my livestock if I use 19" wheels? 😄

I typically don't bother with summer/winter swaps. I have considered the Track Package (20" wheels), but I can think of better things to do with $20K. Plus, I can't see that the 20" setup would fill the wheel wells as fully as my 21" setup... smaller diameters on the 20" tires/wheels.
My 19” forged summer setup (spring/summer/fall).

IMG_2446.jpeg

IMG_1958.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Dameon
Dam I love that setup. Those rims are spot on perfect for the color combo.
Thanks. Yes, I really love both. The 19" mono block forged wheels and summer tires cost less than the heavier 21" setup from Tesla - and no "wheel hopping" or premature rear inner tire wear/failing like you get for $4500 with Tesla. To add insult to Tesla 21" injury, you don't even get to keep the 19" stocker's for that extra $4500 paid to Tesla!

So yeah, no brainer for me to take delivery with 19" all seasons with aeros (for winter use) and get a superior 19" summer setup that is exactly to my liking. And then, after that, I put the left over money into the bank for posterity.

Thanks. Yes, I really love both. The 19" mono block forged wheels and summer tires cost less than the heavier 21" setup from Tesla - and no "wheel hopping" or premature rear inner tire wear/failing like you get for $4500 with Tesla. To add insult to Tesla 21" injury, you don't even get to keep the 19" stocker's for that extra $4500 paid to Tesla!

So yeah, no brainer for me to take delivery with 19" all seasons with aeros (for winter use) and get a superior 19" summer setup that is exactly to my liking. And then, after that, I put the left over money into the bank for posterity.
The only possible downside to your scenario is that tesla wouldn’t install the track pack brakes without the arachnids

The only possible downside to your scenario is that tesla wouldn’t install the track pack brakes without the arachnids
Could always spend the full 20k and get the track wheels with it. Total cost would be similar to getting the arachnids and the brakes, and you'd still have the OEM 19s (which won't fit anymore) to sell or whatever.

Reactions: NeuroRad and jebinc