Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have never tried FSD and have no desire to do so. Nevertheless when I got the MXP end of June, the car came with a 3 month free trial that was extended for an extra 3 months. So, even though I have not activated FSD I have the subscription until end of December. This is the only reason I can think of I get very few updates. Still makes little sense since 2023.38.9 I have has 11.4.4 - and 2023.44.1 also has the same.
Open a service ticket, via the app. There is an automated firmware issue script that runs and checks your car.

Reactions: Leek4u
This is the only reason I can think of I get very few updates. Still makes little sense since 2023.38.9 I have has 11.4.4 - and 2023.44.1 also has the same.
Very few updates? You basically have the update before 2023.44.x. You are one behind the most current. And only ~56% of the fleet has 2023.44.1 at this point. And the rollout was halted with the recall, and will start over with 2023.44.30, or whatever version ends up applying to your vehicle configuration.

Reactions: jebinc
Very few updates? You basically have the update before 2023.44.x. You are one behind the most current. And only ~56% of the fleet has 2023.44.1 at this point. And the rollout was halted with the recall, and will start over with 2023.44.30, or whatever version ends up applying to your vehicle configuration.
Yes, because I got 2023.38.9 just a week ago. Before I was on 2023.32.9 since mid October. I seem to be getting the versions when they have completely matured.

• Informative

Still rolling out regularly for non-FSD folks.
And my 2023.44.1 is finally downloading now! Won't be able to test until later today but looking forward to it.

I have all vibrations possible from every thread ever included on this site including startup that goes away, 30-50mph always, 70+ mph steering wheel and I am sure there are more - lol.

And my 2023.44.1 is finally downloading now! Won't be able to test until later today but looking forward to it.

I have all vibrations possible from every thread ever included on this site including startup that goes away, 30-50mph always, 70+ mph steering wheel and I am sure there are more - lol.
We look forward to your report!

My suspicion re: vibrations is:

The startup that goes away: No change.
30-50mph: Greatly reduced to the point of not bothersome anymore.
70+mph: No change.

That's my guess.

My suspicion re: vibrations is:

The startup that goes away: No change.
30-50mph: Greatly reduced to the point of not bothersome anymore.
70+mph: No change.

That's my guess.

Were you riding with me? lol

You are spot on. I only drove it for 15-20 minutes though and need to test the startup more.

30-50, greatly reduced to the point that it is really hard to tell. This has been my major issue since I usually drive in the city at these speeds - pretty happy about it!

70+ zero change, yoke vibrates like crazy. Keep in mind that I have been through several road force balance sessions, alignment and also 3 sets of different brand tires (now I am on Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 which are by far the best).

Couple of other observations:

1. Car seems more rear biased. Front motor seems to do less work. I come from BMW M cars, like the M5, and I do like the feel.

2. While driving the windshield wipers starting going crazy a couple of times for no apparent reason. Very rarely I had this before.

3. A tire pressure monitoring fault came and the disappeared. Had never seen this before.

4. Map seems to have a transparent faint beige overlay in some areas - normal in others. It is not static to be the screen - the overlay moves with the map. Maybe it means something?

I did reboot the car after the update a couple of times and still had these. During reboots the rear/forward/park selector strip remained on the screen - usually the whole screen goes blank. Maybe I need to reboot a few more times.

I have a service appointment for next week for other unrelated things (there are ALWAYS other things) so will bring these up especially the 70+ vibration after the update that I was told will be resolved with this.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Helpful
Reactions: jebinc and WilliamG

You are spot on. I only drove it for 15-20 minutes though and need to test the startup more.

30-50, greatly reduced to the point that it is really hard to tell. This has been my major issue since I usually drive in the city at these speeds - pretty happy about it!

70+ zero change, yoke vibrates like crazy. Keep in mind that I have been through several road force balance sessions, alignment and also 3 sets of different brand tires (now I am on Michelin Pilot Sport AS4 which are by far the best).

1. Car seems more rear biased. Front motor seems to do less work. I come from BMW M cars, like the M5, and I do like the feel.

2. While driving the windshield wipers starting going crazy a couple of times for no apparent reason. Very rarely I had this before.

3. A tire pressure monitoring fault came and the disappeared. Had never seen this before.

4. Map seems to have a transparent faint beige overlay in some areas - normal in others. It is not static to be the screen - the overlay moves with the map. Maybe it means something?

I did reboot the car after the update a couple of times and still had these. During reboots the rear/forward/park selector strip remained on the screen - usually the whole screen goes blank. Maybe I need to reboot a few more times.

I have a service appointment for next week for other unrelated things (there are ALWAYS other things) so will bring these up especially the 70+ vibration after the update that I was told will be resolved with this.
The 70+ is a tricky one, doesn't seem able to be solved from what I can tell. I have it at 80mph, so less of a daily issue for me. Wipers have been crap since 11.4.7. Can't speak for 1., 3., or 4. But whenever we get the update we'll see!

Glad to hear the 30-50 is reduced significantly!

Apologies as I didn’t note whether you have a Plaid or Long Range, but in my Long Range, I’ve never noticed a startup or 80+ vibration, only the 38-45 MPH, which as you note is BY FAR the most obtrusive. I’m glad to say that the *.44 update seems to have largely resolved this issue, which was the only problem I had with the car, so I’m SUPER happy about it.

Apologies as I didn’t note whether you have a Plaid or Long Range, but in my Long Range, I’ve never noticed a startup or 80+ vibration, only the 38-45 MPH, which as you note is BY FAR the most obtrusive. I’m glad to say that the *.44 update seems to have largely resolved this issue, which was the only problem I had with the car, so I’m SUPER happy about it.
That's great to hear! Let's hope the increased rear bias does not wear the rear tires faster than they already wear (on 21" stockers).