Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Installed 2023.44.30.5.1. (from 2023.27.12). The 38-50mph vibration remains, but at a different frequency/wavelength When I set suspension to medium, it gets worse. When I go into track mode and slide the "handling" slider all the way to the right (rear bias) it goes away. Pretty disappointed with this over-hyped, but no fix. YOMV.

Installed 2023.44.30.5.1. (from 2023.27.12). The 38-50mph vibration remains, but at a different frequency/wavelength When I set suspension to medium, it gets worse. When I go into track mode and slide the "handling" slider all the way to the right (rear bias) it goes away. Pretty disappointed with this over-hyped, but no fix. YOMV.
Is that even with lowering links?

Odd. My brand new Plaid did have the vibration from the factory, and it's pretty much undetectable since the update. The cold start vibration is very much there. Don't have the 80mph one (and hope that one never develops since that would probably ruin the ownership for me)

Yes, I left the lowering links in. As you may recall, I pulled the rear links over a year ago and doing so made no difference. The front links are set only to drop it a little. Bottom line (more me) is this fix is worse than before the fix (overall impression). YMMV.
I wonder if links now make it worse given Tesla is tuning this for “fix” for stock vehicles? I have the same drop as @jebinc, just in the front. I’ll find out how good/bad it is when I get to drive my car again on Tuesday.

• Funny
Reactions: AudiA4 and jebinc
Please. Stop. Rationalizing. For. Tesla. 😞 🤣
Oh I’m not. Just that yours is the only one that’s gotten worse since the update. Trying to figure out why. Either people are oblivious and Tesla apologist or your car with links and having been messed with in terms of suspension- is a problem.

WISH I COULD DRIVE MY CAR RIGHT NOW AAAAAAHHHHH!

• Funny
Reactions: Yelobird and jebinc
Oh I’m not. Just that yours is the only one that’s gotten worse since the update. Trying to figure out why. Either people are oblivious and Tesla apologist or your car with links and having been messed with in terms of suspension- is a problem.

WISH I COULD DRIVE MY CAR RIGHT NOW AAAAAAHHHHH!
I would say, "not better... and worse on Medium setting (as compared to my pre .44 low setting)". Recall, I can not remember the last time I drove on the medium setting. After the "Fix," vibration felt on medium setting is "worse" then pre .44 driving on the low setting.

I just got back in from a couple hours of running around town since my last post. I drove on a super smooth road near me where I can normally reproduce the vibration and I didn't even feel a hint of it. I hope it stays gone lol

A local friend of mine with a 21 claims his is still vibrating around 45mph after the update and does it every time.

• Informative
Reactions: jebinc
I just got back in from a couple hours of running around town since my last post. I drove on a super smooth road near me where I can normally reproduce the vibration and I didn't even feel a hint of it. I hope it stays gone lol

A local friend of mine with a 21 claims his is still vibrating around 45mph after the update and does it every time.
Yep, mine is a 2021 and still vibrates like a MoFo.