Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid Vibration around 38-42MPH....

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I installed .44 ( from .32?) the other day.

I did not feel a single vibration since it got cold s couple of months back. This means, mee not noticing any difference at least yet.
I wonder if there’s any difference between cars from 2021 and cars from 2022-2023 here, too. We know the 2022+ cars have different vibrations (the startup vibration for example), that 2021 cars don’t. It’s just all so incomprehensible.

Anyway, 2 more days before I get to test my car.

Reactions: AAKEE
It amazes me the degree of variation on a mass produced vehicle, albeit relatively low volume. Even though the S got a big refresh I don’t think Tesla had any intentions in spending the money to get it on par with the 3/y. But i see it as the cost we have to pay to escape Detroit pumping out the same stuff they have for decades. Tesla broke the cycle, and for us changed the game with the Plaid

Update... I felt the vibration this morning while it was raining with lots of standing water on the road. Right around 40-45mph and I was able to modulate it with the pedal. Weird how I couldn't reproduce it the previous three days on dry pavement. Merry Christmas! 😂
Possibly traction system correction for the “lots of standing water” variable? Seems that could be possible similar to driving on ice with any traction controlled car.

Possibly traction system correction for the “lots of standing water” variable? Seems that could be possible similar to driving on ice with any traction controlled car.
I guess it could be but I doubt it...felt exactly like the vibration I'm used to and could easily modulate it with accelerator.

Does anyone know if the car adjusts torque output/characteristics when the car senses rain? At least the automatic wipers are working again lol

Reactions: jebinc
I guess it could be but I doubt it...felt exactly like the vibration I'm used to and could easily modulate it with accelerator.

Does anyone know if the car adjusts torque output/characteristics when the car senses rain? At least the automatic wipers are working again lol

You can try different traction settings if they affect. Snow mode or track mode. Any difference?

Think that is what I was assuming. Similar to ABS it pulses the brakes on and off I believe the traction control does the same in lots of standing water to minimize hydroplaning or wheel spin. As you didn’t notice an issue without the motor boating it’s possible this could be part of the issue in your example.

I could imagine that in bad weather they might have to revert to the old torque balance to prevent the car from becoming unstable with rear torque bias.
:) Up here we do not call it bad weather, it’s ”winter” in our vocabulary ;)

We have it for ~ 6 months each year from first snow until its mostly gone.

My first worry when I heard about the planned software fix was that it might make the car like e RWD.
Havent really noticed a difference from .44 but I had a perceived change about three weeks to one month back - more rear spinning and overstear. I think I was at .32.9 then.

I wish Tesla would just copy the winter traction control weights from Audi Quattro /s

I’ve done Audi quattro since the millenium shift :) . Still got one A5 q sportback (actually two, got a A4 avant q for the daughter).

Did a lot of driving on ice race tracks with the Audis.
They actually have an annual Tesla ice race track driving event nearby in a month or so. I haven’t participated on those actually.

Reactions: Tiger