Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Plaid X: Can I flip it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I originally ordered a Plaid X back in June 2021 with seven seats. However, they no longer offer this option. I was given a six seat option as a free upgrade. I really need that 7th seat.

So my question is this. Can I take delivery of this vehicle then flip around and sell it for a profit?

Thanks.

So I originally ordered a Plaid X back in June 2021 with seven seats. However, they no longer offer this option. I was given a six seat option as a free upgrade. I really need that 7th seat.

So my question is this. Can I take delivery of this vehicle then flip around and sell it for a profit?

Thanks.
If flipping for profit were your intention you would be violating the terms of your order agreement.

If you took delivery and decided the vehicle is not for you, you are free to do with it as you wish.

If flipping for profit were your intention you would be violating the terms of your order agreement.

If you took delivery and decided the vehicle is not for you, you are free to do with it as you wish.
No, my intention wasn't for flipping it. I originally ordered the Plaid with 7 seats, but I'm going to assume due to supply chain issues, a few months ago, they removed the 7 seat option. They called me about 3 weeks ago and gave me the 6 seat upgrade for free and I reluctantly said yes. However, as more time has passed, I realized I really do need that 7th seat.

Here’s one going for ~$30k above purchase price, so….the answer seems to be “probably”, assuming you take delivery and find that the vehicle is not for you, as @glide has suggested.

I am always weary when someone "lists" something. Listing and sold are always 2 different stories.

Thank you for showing me that listing though.

No, my intention wasn't for flipping it. I originally ordered the Plaid with 7 seats, but I'm going to assume due to supply chain issues, a few months ago, they removed the 7 seat option. They called me about 3 weeks ago and gave me the 6 seat upgrade for free and I reluctantly said yes. However, as more time has passed, I realized I really do need that 7th seat.
Read between the lines

they seem to be selling for around $140-145k looking at sold listings. which, factoring in taxes,reg and all the "flip" is more or less a break even, if it sells at all. seems like a lot of hassle to go through, I would see if they can refund you the order fee for changing the seat configuration on you.

So I bought one, wasn’t satisfied with it, sold it a few days later and today Tesla emailed me and said I violated their reseller terms and banned for me life from ordering future teslas.

They cancelled my cybertruck order too. They said the decision is final and I have no one I can talk to to explain I didn’t order one over a year ago to simply flip it. I genuinely thought it wasn’t for me.

Guess they lost a customer for life and I won’t promote them to friends and family anymore.

Be careful if you decide to sell it.

So I bought one, wasn’t satisfied with it, sold it a few days later and today Tesla emailed me and said I violated their reseller terms and banned for me life from ordering future teslas.

They cancelled my cybertruck order too. They said the decision is final and I have no one I can talk to to explain I didn’t order one over a year ago to simply flip it. I genuinely thought it wasn’t for me.

Guess they lost a customer for life and I won’t promote them to friends and family anymore.

Wow. That is crazy.

Ok. I guess I won't be taking that chance.

What if you just created a new account with a new email?

Just curious to know how you can tell people not to buy tesla with the reason that you failed to read T&C's

My point is that if the banned person really wants another Tesla, they have all sorts of options including having their significant other order in their name instead.

Now if being banned makes you pissed off enough that you never want to give another dollar to Tesla, then I totally get that.
Of course they can have all other sorts of ways to get another tesla but not from Tesla directly if they need their name on paperwork.